Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 03:41 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: Purifying your.....

where you go to get your 'toxin levels' measured?
Old 11-05-2005, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
where you go to get your 'toxin levels' measured?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just ask a hippie.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:57 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

they aren't able to answer the question either
Old 11-05-2005, 04:39 PM

Found some info here: link

"First, natural vegetarian diets include the fiber needed for stimulating good bowel eliminate. They also contain the proper amounts of vitamins that feed and nourish the bowels and the liver, as well as other eliminative organs. They also include a valuable source of enzymes since most vegetarian diets are eaten raw. The elimination of meat from the diet for a short period enhances detoxification because meat is so difficult to digest and requires many enzymes for its digestion."

Generic diets for detoxification are good, but may not stimulate the liver, lungs or the kidneys as much as one would like. Therefore, herbal cleanses are indicated when we want to hone our cleanse to a "sharp edge" and be organ specific.

Example Herbal Cleanse

Rising
Drink a glass of lemon water or drink a glass of water with added: one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and one teaspoon of blackstrap molasses

Morning
Drink a glass of water with psyllium husk powder (follow with another glass of water).

Meals
Take 2-3 multi-digestive enzymes
Take liver herbs

In Between Meals
Drink herbals teas which support the liver, including Dandelion/licorice/ginger/fennel

I have actually wanted to try detoxification because one of my friends simply eliminated meat from his diet and said that he felt amazing after...like he could run miles and miles. He also said that he felt very much lighter. I was thinking more along the lines of this, though:

"Juice Fasting
Fasting with vegetable juices can be another excellent way to develop good health and cleanse the body of toxins. Juices, minus their pulp (fiber), contain an excellent source of vitamins, minerals and enzymes. When the pulp is not added, one is able to drink more juice than they are able to eat. For example, one can easily consume the juice of several heads of lettuce in one sitting, but may not be able to eat the lettuce whole. This allows the body to get an abundance of nutrients with minimal processing (digestion). Fasting on mono-juices also allows the body proper time to process these juices and helps to preserve our valuable digestive enzymes.

Juice fasting has helped many people over come serious diseases like cancer, because it gave them optimal nutrition and allowed the body to cleanse itself of toxins. [According to many nutritionists, cancer is merely a toxic condition.] With some juicers, the pulp is discarded, but it may be saved and added back for fiber (not too much). Juices contain good sources of antioxidants and enzymes, both of which are needed for cleansing and eliminating toxins. Juices are also easy to digest and help those with digestive problems."

There are a bunch more on that website, hope this helps!
Old 11-05-2005, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a few other liver cleansers...

[/ QUOTE ]

You liver IS your bodies way of removing and processing toxins! If you cleanse it where is all that crap going to go?
Old 11-05-2005, 06:29 PM

I am not a medical expert. However, were I offered a prop bet, I'd put some nice action on the "quack bullshit" side.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone have any links or sites in reference to getting rid of all the toxins in your body? I want to get on some kind of routine in about a week or so, and get in the best shape ever. Im talking vitamins, bowels, skin, liver, eating habits, etc. I know a lot about lifting etc, but I dont know how to rid myself of whatever toxins are in me now.

[/ QUOTE ]

enjoy

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm always skeptical of these things because they're is no objective way of proving efficacy (at least not yet). Plus these things are quite expensive.

My advice:
Stop smoking, drinking, doing illicit drugs

Be active (at least 30 min. of exercise 5-6 times per week)

As for diet, eating modest sized "meals" rather than 3 big feasts a day helps hunger pangs for many. Consume fiber, fruits, veg, and healthy sources of protein. Also consider flax seed and/or fish oil supplements. Avoid sugar-laden foods. Avoid saturated fat.

Take medications for your cholesterol and hypertension if they cannot be initially controlled with diet. Consider a daily aspirin based on your coronary risk factors.

Your body will otherwise heal itself.

dizong
Old 11-05-2005, 06:40 PM

There was a lomng thread I started this summer. Search. a lot of great info.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:47 PM

why don't you purify yourself in the waters of Lake Minitonka?
Old 11-05-2005, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why don't you purify yourself in the waters of Lake Minitonka?

[/ QUOTE ]
bwah hahahah