Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2005, 07:09 PM

Default Re: My three step plan to stop terrorism against the U.S.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Al Qaeda will have no reason to attack us after this.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm sure that's what Chamberlain thought after letting Hitler have the Sudentenland. What I think is wrong with your logic is that you're trying to give reasonable motivations to unreasonable people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if they do attack us afterward then we can kill as many of them as you'd like. I'd even piss on all their graves afterward. That';s how confident I am that that won't happen.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:11 PM

Let's skip the middle step, because Al Qaeda would not stop after we took such steps.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:38 PM

Default WOW!

Well if they do attack us afterward then we can kill as many of them as you'd like. I'd even piss on all their graves afterward. That';s how confident I am that that won't happen.
Wow!
I'd even support Dead and go thru some short-lived humiliation just to see him piss on their graves. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
This assumes he does not go back on his promises. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2005, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your 3-step plan would obviously remove almost all anti-US/ anti-western terrorism. They would have no reason to conduct such attacks anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

This commonly held view exposes a common ignorance of an underlying reality of radical Islam.

If you are not a Muslim, or if you stand in the way of their jihadic visions and efforts, radical Islamists have (in their own minds) more than ample justification to attack you. Just as they have done in the Great Jihads of past centuries.

You guys who think it is all due to Israel, economics, and backlash from slights against the Muslim world, really ought to read a good number of sermons from the mosques, and some more statements by radical Islamist leaders. Heck, they'll TELL you what they're thinking. But you guys are only listening to the side you already think you of. The parts about the rightness of killing non-Muslims, of killing blasphemers and apostates; of spreading Islam over the world by the sword; of carrying out the will of Allah in tormenting unbelievers--those parts you handily seem to ignore, or at least are ignorant of. However if you would really pay attention to what the Islamists are SAYING OUT LOUD you would realize there is far more to this than what you presume.

I'm not saying there aren't economic or backlash components to all this--of course there are. But the underlying Islamo-fascist jihadic theme has been present for many centuries, and if you listen to what its leaders are saying loud and clear, you will realize that no amount of goodwill or appeasement will mollify those truly intent on jihad and following Muhammad's example of religious conquest through force, violence, and coercion.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:46 AM

I think it's the other way around. Economic and political issues lead to resentment and hate, and then radical fundamentalism is used to galvanize support, because it's always easier to get people to agree with you if you convince them God is on your side (see GWB). Radical Islam is a symptom, not the primary cause, of hatred toward the west, imo.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:52 AM

The mullahs sermonize to motivate and encourage their troops just like Bush/Rummy denigrate the Islamists to motivate and encourage the American people and our troops.

Here again is some sensible reading on this subject from someone who understands that part of the world: Link again to Salon article

Far better than your normal reading.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:54 AM

Without having read any replies, I will offer my thoughts. Though I agree that this whole [censored] thing is our fault and don't know how the idiot got reelected, your plan will not stop terrorism. Terrorism is caused by people who are attempting to find outside reasons for their problems (and may or may not be justified). They then channel that anger and hatred towards the cause of their problems in very destructive means, feeling justified because they are only destroying the evil which is causing so much badness. There will always be people like this. I like your post even though it won't work.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:10 AM

Simply announce that any identifiable remains of suicide bombers in the future will be buried with 100 lbs of partially rendered pork fat. It seems Allah, most forgiving, ever merciful will not let you bang the virgins if you are buried with pigs. I believe I read somewhere that Gen MacArthur quashed a Muslim rebellion in the Phillipines this way. Anyway, it couldn't hurt, if only to throw some extra insults at these bastards.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's the other way around. Economic and political issues lead to resentment and hate, and then radical fundamentalism is used to galvanize support, because it's always easier to get people to agree with you if you convince them God is on your side (see GWB). Radical Islam is a symptom, not the primary cause, of hatred toward the west, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

You apparently think radical Islam is a relatively modern phenomenon. It isn't.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:00 AM

That article won't run through my firewall. Shame on them if you have to specifically "allow" their URL in order to view it.