Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 04:56 AM

Default thanks to posters in this forum my VPIP has gone from...

10.3 to 13.8

is that still too low? i've mostly increased it due to limping marginal suited hands after 3-5 limpers ( Q9s, J9s, that kind of stuff ) as well as limping suited aces more as well as trying to steal more with stuff like JTs, K9s in the CO and the CO+1. i think it's been going pretty well, i think i just got lazy and quit trying to steal. either way.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:57 AM

Default Re: thanks to posters in this forum my VPIP has gone from...

Keep going. 19 is just around the corner.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
10.3 to 13.8

is that still too low? i've mostly increased it due to limping marginal suited hands after 3-5 limpers ( Q9s, J9s, that kind of stuff ) as well as limping suited aces more as well as trying to steal more with stuff like JTs, K9s in the CO and the CO+1. i think it's been going pretty well, i think i just got lazy and quit trying to steal. either way.

[/ QUOTE ]

still too low. after 3-5 limpers you can limp hands like 87o, J9o, etc. limp limp limp when you have the button button button.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
10.3 to 13.8

[/ QUOTE ]

still too low. after 3-5 limpers you can limp hands like 87o, J9o, etc. limp limp limp when you have the button button button.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've never heard of that before but i'll keep it in mind.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
10.3 to 13.8

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if you are not too confident in your post-flop play, then don't add theses hands as they are likely only marginal winners and will ad more variance to your results. that said, i am sure eventually you will get to the point where you can play many more hands from late position for a profit. keep playing/posting.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im at 19% and i never limp 87o(also my PFR is 15, but i play higher limits and that may be too high)
Old 11-09-2005, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
10.3 to 13.8

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if you are not too confident in your post-flop play, then don't add theses hands as they are likely only marginal winners and will ad more variance to your results. that said, i am sure eventually you will get to the point where you can play many more hands from late position for a profit. keep playing/posting.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm pretty confident in my post flop play when i don't raise. i feel i often go too far with A high, trying to win when i should just give up. i've gotten a lot better at removing myself from the situation and realizing i'm evidently againt pairs that i'm not going to push out. also i often question my blind steal play but i think everyone does. thanks for the advice.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im at 19% and i never limp 87o(also my PFR is 15, but i play higher limits and that may be too high)

[/ QUOTE ]

There are likeey fewer post-flop mistakes at higher limits (15, etc.), but i think that the mistakes made by the typical 2/4 player can allow such hands to be profitable.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:33 AM

My vpip depends entirely on the game. Seriously, the only difference between most people with 16 and 18vpip is the avg vpip of their games.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:36 AM

The lower the limit, the higher your vpip should be.

At 5/10 my vpip is 16.5, pfr at 12.5
At 2/4 my vpip was 18.5 (Probably still too low) and pfr at 12.5