Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 09:22 PM

Default Re: Question about this forum

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
owned is the incorrect term.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it was your term, was it not?

[/ QUOTE ]

i was correcting myself not the poster.

i think i have more than explained what we set out to do on this forum. if you dont like it, go and buy your own forum. or setup a player union. or setup a publishing company that sets up a forum to market its products. or you can choose to read something else.

at this point, it is clear some of you will remain upset, ask questions without reading the sticky, make judgements or assumptions based on imcomplete information, or fail to use common sense to understand the forces at play here. its out of my hands. this is a commercial forum. we are trying our damndest for it to provide a service to its members.

morg. out

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I did read the sticky. A discussion about the pros and cons of raketherake and thisisthenuts in no way conflicts with anything in the sticky.

Perhaps a rewrite of the sticky would help. I'm not trying to be smarmy here; I really would like an "open and civil discussion."

-ptmusic
Old 10-18-2005, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you dont like it, go and buy your own forum

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
morg. out

[/ QUOTE ]

good grief.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the views might just have something to do with the fact that the rakeback world exploaded within the past two weeks

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention the whole "train wreck" nature of the forum
Old 10-19-2005, 04:22 AM

agreed.

I've heard good things from others about morgant before but I think his professionalism in this forum is somewhat lacking.
There have been some heated discussions that have taken place and morgan and the moderators are perhaps a bit defensive about the heat they are taking and maybe they're just a little emotional about it as a result.

I'm trying to give the benefit of the doubt here.

But I have to agree that this stuff from moderators just rubs me the wrong way too:

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
if you dont like it, go and buy your own forum

Quote:
morg. out

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps it's just that I don't like the idea of the 'sponsored forum' on 2+2 it is current form.

I mean, if I have an issue with one or more of the affiliates who run that specific forum then I'm uncomfortable posting there (although I really couldn't answer how this would be any different from someone who has an issue with David or Mason just deciding to not post at 2+2).

I have not participated hardly at all in this forum.
I have just stopped by to try to gather some info and hadn't really been here since day 1.

I find the discussions to not be very worthwhile.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:29 AM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

[ QUOTE ]
I think his professionalism in this forum is somewhat lacking.
There have been some heated discussions that have taken place and morgan and the moderators are perhaps a bit defensive about the heat they are taking and maybe they're just a little emotional about it as a result.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey bob,

while you are most likely correct in this, i hate to admit. there have been many issues at the forefront of this forum. namely party. when i try to offer any information, i get immediately flamed. either by the players, for being too vague, or by the affilaites because i am self promoting.

the fact of the matter is, i have been around the affilaite thing for a while now, i knew what CPC was trying to accomplish was next to impossible. some big name affilaites jumped on the band wagon with CPC. i tried to warn this forum to wait, for which i receive a ton of heat, and i did indeed get emotional about. for two reasons. 1) i knew what was goin on was detrimental to players, i tried to voice it but then got slammed by the affiliates. 2) i couldnt be more specific as it would have literally called out CPC and trashed them. Which would then have brought me a whole new set of headaches. It was a peculiar spot to be in, no matter what i said or did, i would get thrashed for. i am a poker player, always have been. i want whats best for the players, when i get that, it makes my business succeed. the frustration from the spot i was in, albeit brought on by myself for buying this forum, was testing to say the least.

i apologize for my rashness, i am pretty harsh with my wordings of things (cup and rt1 were telling me to STFU on a daily basis), but i felt the message i was trying to get out, was the correct one, from players perspectives, and from my business perspective.

FWIW, CPC sent out emails to all their affiliates and said that the accounts are indefinately frozen. I dont want to say told you so....but i did. I tried to tell CPC what they were trying to do, covertly offer party rakeback on such a massive scale, behind partys back would never work. they are experienced affilates, but not rakeback affilaites and they wouldnt listen to me. Unfortunately their efforts had to fail before i could point all this out.

I am sure people will find parts of this post to flame me for, but please try to read it as a whole, and comprehend what i am trying to say. I dont have an editor or publicist, i write by stream of consciousness, thoughts come to me, i write it out here, sometimes for better, and recently it has been for worse.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:03 PM

apology accepted.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:43 PM

Morgan... This too shall pass! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]