Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 11:18 AM

Default analyze my inflection point analysis.

i'm starting to think i'm bad at poker and will never see a cash again. even at tiny limits. if you don't mind, take a look at this series of hands and let me know what you think. after studying HoH vol. 2 i'm trying to apply more inflection point play to my game. i'm keeping track of everyone's M and making what i think are the right plays when i'm in the red zone, but i'm not sure.

1. this is where things start to go bad. i'm 3rd in chips at my table with $5795, but 5th overall. villain has $4185 in chips. blinds are $100/200.
UTG calls.
villain raises to $1200
folded to me with AKd, i reraise to $2400.
UTG folds
villain goes all in for his last $1960.

i have to call right? the pots laying me 3.5:1 for the call. i think his most likely holding is another AK and we chop, or QQ and i'm a little bit behind. he could have AA or KK, but i don't think so. mostly because i have an A and a K in my hand so the odds of him have 2 of 3 remaining cards is slim, but also because i think he would have made a smaller initial raise with a top pair. i also think there's at least a chance that he has something much weaker, like a KQs or a smaller pair.

i call and he shows JJ and it holds up. bummer. if i'd won that hand i would have been the chip leader and well on my way to a good finish. now i'm short stacked and it's time for inflection point decisions!!

2. i'm left with $1610. the next hand we go up to 100/200 with a $25 ante. that puts me well in the red zone.
i fold 2 hands before picking up Q7s UTG. i push all in. everyone folds, and i pick up $675. that pays for this round of blinds. Q7 is exactly average. i thought since it was my first push i had a better chance of everyone folding. right play or wait for a slightly better hand?

3. i check from the BB with 87o. i didn't catch anyhting on the flop. it's checked around. is this a time to make a steal move? i checked and folded to a big bet.

4. here's the lucky hand of the sequence. i'm at $1585, blinds going up soon. it's folded to me in MP. i pick up J6o and push all-in. this might have been a mistake, because i think J6o might be a dog to a random hand.

the button calls with KQ. i catch a J and a 6 to win the hand and double up. despite the result....right play or not?

5. the blinds go up to $200/400 ante $25. after sucking out i have $3895, which leaves with an m just under 5. at this point should i pull back a bit, or keep pushing with anything that's above average? i've made several all in moves, and the table has now seen what i'm willing to push with. at the same time, i'm still severely short stacked. what to do?

6. i decided i would try to catch something a little better than what i was pushing with before. i fold 6 mediocre hands, mostly because someone else opened the pot in front of me. after paying my way throught the blinds and antes i'm at $2945. now i'm at an M of 3.5, and im thinking 'maybe i shouldn't have slowed down at all'.

i pick up JTo UTG. would you wait or push here?

with the blinds coming on the next hand i decide this is probably my best chance. i push and get called by 99 in MP. the 9's hold up and i'm out in 12th place.

do you think i made roughly the correct inflection point plays, or am i way off?
Old 09-24-2005, 09:56 AM

Default Re: analyze my inflection point analysis.

bump. no comments or advice?
Old 09-24-2005, 10:31 AM

Default Re: analyze my inflection point analysis.

[ QUOTE ]
2. i'm left with $1610. the next hand we go up to 100/200 with a $25 ante. that puts me well in the red zone.
i fold 2 hands before picking up Q7s UTG. i push all in. everyone folds, and i pick up $675. that pays for this round of blinds. Q7 is exactly average. i thought since it was my first push i had a better chance of everyone folding. right play or wait for a slightly better hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldnt push that from UTG. But I dont thinks its terrible.
The other plays are fine, I think.

[/ QUOTE ]
3. i check from the BB with 87o. i didn't catch anyhting on the flop. it's checked around. is this a time to make a steal move? i checked and folded to a big bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the flop likely to have hit Villians hand? Does he think its likely to have hit yours?

It would be easier to respond if you posted the chipcount and other information (reads, table image)