Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2004, 02:45 AM

Default Party/Empire crashes

This may be par for the course with Party's software, but here goes. Occasionally my entire system freezes as the open Party windows crash everything. Eventually I can close the Party windows, or they die a slow death on their own, and if I have task manager open ahead of time it shows the partypoker.exe process as eating up nearly all of the CPU. This has occured more often during SNG's, even though I have played only 10 or 11 tournies versus over 11,000 hands of 3-6. I 4-table, with 4 pokertracker gametime windows open, and load hand histories every 3 or 4 minutes. Curiously, Stars crashed in a similar fashion during an SNG there as well, but I have had no problems with any non-poker software.

My resources should be fine: I have a new Compaq r3000z laptop, AMD Athlon64 2.2 GHz, 512 MB ram, blah blah blah. Have all the standard stuff (ZoneAlarm, Norton, Spybot, AdAware, system regularly scanned for bad stuff). Anyway, I have DSL, and this was happening previously while I was on wireless, while recently (probably 30-40 hours of playing), I have had no problems while wired. Until tonight that is, same old story, completely random meltdown seemingly unrelated to anything.

Any ideas? Is this just a typical example of Party's notoriously lousy software that I've heard so much about? The crappy thing is, no internet disconnection is happening along with the system lockup, so if I am involved in one or more big hands, I have no all-in protection. Predictably, I didn't get any response from Party's tech support. Probably my bad, I just barely e-mailed them like 4 weeks ago. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2004, 01:53 PM

Default Re: Party/Empire crashes

So I take it nobody has ever had any issues with Party's software... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2004, 02:06 PM

Yeah, I've had issues but not this. It's a long shot but you may try turning off hardware acceleration...

right click the desktop and select "properties", go to the settings tab and click the "advanced" button then go to the "troubleshooting" tab and move the hardware acceleration to the far right. You may or may not be prompted to restart at this time, do it anyway.

If that doesn't work, call party support.
Old 11-10-2004, 02:18 PM

Cool, thx for the suggestion. I'll give it a shot.
Old 11-10-2004, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
go to the "troubleshooting" tab and move the hardware acceleration to the far right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm directionally challenged. Turn HA off by moving the slider LEFT.