Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 03:34 AM

Default Spewing? TT 25NL Stars

No reads. I find out later that BB is a donk. I figure since he's a little short, there's no real way he's going to call a bet on the turn without being commited. Good?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) converter

Hero ($25.05)
CO ($5.75)
Button ($17.65)
SB ($31.75)
BB ($15.45)
UTG ($14.50)
UTG+1 ($18.05)
MP1 ($38.55)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls $1, UTG folds.

Flop: ($2.85) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, BB calls $3.

Turn: ($8.85) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $20.8 (All-In)</font>, BB calls $11.20 (All-In).

River: ($40.85) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $40.85
Old 12-20-2005, 04:07 AM

Default Re: Spewing? TT 25NL Stars

You will generally only be called by hands that beat you when you go all in for that amount, so don't risk your whole stack on that, you won't get paid off enough to make it a +EV move
Old 12-20-2005, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You will generally only be called by hands that beat you when you go all in for that amount, so don't risk your whole stack on that, you won't get paid off enough to make it a +EV move

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but any bet Hero makes ties him to the pot because of villian's stack size. Might as well put villian all-in on the turn. nh, OP.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:27 AM

I think my standard play here would be to check behind. I think you will win more money when you do have a better hand this way and I don't think there is much villian could be drawing to that he doesn't already have made (overcards maybe). Anyone think this is too weak?
Old 12-20-2005, 05:36 AM

At these stakes its usually pretty dumb to get rid of an overpair as long as you are playing it fast. I see no problem with this bet, as you are most likely ahead. I've done this tons of times and a lot of times a bad player will go ahead and call anyway with top pair becuase they think "if he has an overpair, why would he bet so much?" There are so many players that think an overbet means a bluff, so don't be afraid to do once in a while.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:00 AM

Villains stack was so small that putting him all-in is fine. He's committed. You'll run into JJ/QQ sometimes but case 9x, 88, 77, 66, 55, 65 etc is much more likely.

Don't check the turn. Two nasty things happen:
1. Free card for villain
2. A reason to get away of his hand if he bets small on river and you raise. Or a cheap showdown when he bets small and you don't raise.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:12 AM

I think its very likely you are ahead, villain has shown no strength, and his stack is at the size where if you bet again and get raised all in, you are calling anyway..I'd put him in here everytime.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think my standard play here would be to check behind. I think you will win more money when you do have a better hand this way and I don't think there is much villian could be drawing to that he doesn't already have made (overcards maybe). Anyone think this is too weak?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's a very bad decision to check behind. If the flop comes an over to your TT and he bets you are now completely left in the dark. At such small limits I'd say the most probable hand he has is overs. Definitely not wise to give free cards in my opinion. I like the push.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:46 AM

Looks fine. Pot is ~$8 villain has $11. I would put him in everytime.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:41 PM

Default Results

He turns over 56o for the caught OESD. Alright, so he called PF hoping for a flop like this, then proceeds to call a PSB OTF w/ an OESD. I guess he plays jackpot odds like that and he hit. He loses money in the long run, so I earn Sklansky bucks, no? I'm wondering if there's any way I could've gotten out of this hand, but I doubt it.