Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 03:10 PM

Default AK utg, more action than I wanted.

$20 - 20 table Stars MTT blinds $75-150. I'm chip leader at the table but not by much. ~5200t villians both ~4000. I get AKo UTG and raise to $600. UTG+1 calls and UTG+2 raises to $1050. Folds back to me. UTG+1 is a bit loose and this is the first hand in 12 UTG+2 has played (no stats). I'm in about the top 25% of chips, but stacks in these tourneys grow quick.

What do you reccomend, I feel the caller really confused me and I really had no idea what to do.

Thanks
Old 11-23-2005, 03:52 PM

Default Re: AK utg, more action than I wanted.

Ok lets go through your options. FOLDING-- There's no way I'm folding this w/o a read or a great reason to fold such as moving up the ladder. CALLING-- Calling 400 wouldn't be the worst play in the world if there wasn't a limper to your left. He is definitely calling, maybe even raising. So calling is a no-no. RAISING-- The only way I see this playing out if I'm in your seat is moving it in. I can't see how you don't get a call from Villian since his raise was clearly meant to be called/reraised. I put his range around 1010-AA, AK. Its a limited range imo b/c of the fact that its such a tiny reraise, meant to get the pot HU or induce you to put it in. Obviously the only hands you don;'t want to see are AA and KK and even KK is only a 2.5-1 shot.

SUMMARY: Stick it in with a nice 5 sec delay.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:12 PM

Default Re: AK utg, more action than I wanted.

Thanks, with such a gay re-raise, and him not playing a single hand yet, I really didn't like the push option, I really feared a big hand. I didn't like any of my options.