Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 09:40 PM

Default losing is entertaining

played at a cryptologic sixmax game today and I had no idea what I was in for. I ran bad and only played ok, but the entertainment factor in this sessions was high enough to make it all worth it.

Here's a transcript of the chat going on with a guy who sat down with 250 big bets in a limit poker game and started trying to push people around.

<font color="red"> Be advised! </font> tiltman got awfully profane when he started losing. All names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Enjoy.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:26 PM

Default Re: losing is entertaining

Yeah dude...this guy needs to kill himself...what an a--hole. LOL [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Never seen anyone berate others that bad before jesus.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2005, 09:01 AM

you are right. seems like fun!

there are some strange guys out there.....
Old 10-18-2005, 03:05 PM

This is pretty common. It's like they want to hurt you for hurting them when you take their money. They're powerless to hurt you through poker, so instead they try to hurt you through name-calling.

I had a weird exchange with someone on the weekend on True Poker. I was playing pretty TAG, and had been card-dead for awhile. I wasn't talking on chat, and was only half paying attention. At one point I'm in the BB and call a pre-flop raise with QJs. Anyway, to make a long story short, I catch a Q on the turn and check-raise, get called, the river was a blank, bet, get called, I win with my queens. It was the first hand I'd played to the river in about 3 or 4 revolutions.

Next thing I know I'm being told to "Grow up", and then she starts in on how I'm a fish, and starts *repeatedly* asking me how old I am. Keep in mind that I hadn't said anything after I'd won the pot. I finally responded that I'm 31..."Yeah, and a high school drop-out, probably" was her response. She then started calling me a "retard", and then corrected herself and said "Calling you a retard is giving you too much credit". This went on for about 20 minutes until someone else beat her, and she started attacking him instead.

Sigh...some people are just wound too tight.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:07 PM

what's a bellend?
Old 10-19-2005, 09:32 PM

Same thing as a codpiece.

I love getting berated. It shows me who the worst players on the table are.