Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 07:09 PM

Default KT in the small blind

Few hands on flop raiser. Fewer on anyone else.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 (poster) checks, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls.

Turn: (8 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button calls.

River: (11 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB
Old 09-30-2005, 07:11 PM

Default Re: KT in the small blind

I think I'd just fold the flop, but if I decided to carry on I'd play it the same.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:41 PM

I just bet this flop. You can't assume to a late position player is going to bet this if you check.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:50 PM

I see your point, but my thinking is that this board is so drawy and my hand so vulnerable that I don't mind it checking through. If it bets from late, I'll checkraise and protect. If it checks through and a scary card hits, I can just get away cheap with nobody the wiser. Betting out on the flop here does nothing to protect my hand, since I'll be offering 7:1 to the first caller.

Once there was a bet and raise though, my decision was 3-bet or fold. I chose to 3 bet, as there are lots of combos of hands that could go bet, raise from late position (JT and a free-carder, forexample), and this is a perfect opp to make an A, Q, or J fold. If I get capped I can safely check-fold the turn.

Or at least that was my thinking at the time.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:54 PM

I would fold the flop.