Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 10:51 PM

Default foxwoods help

Hey I am planning a trip to foxwoods tomorrow. It is a last minute thing and have. I want to know if there are any off site hotels/motels that are reasonably priced. Also what games are the best. I here 20/40 is the big game how is this game in general especially on a Wed. night? I also here the 5/10 kill game is good. any input wuold be appreciated. Thanks
Old 09-28-2005, 12:16 AM

Default Re: foxwoods help

Though it's probably too late for you .....

Try www.priceline.com

Use Mystic, CT as your area to search. Unless it's a busy weekend (during foliage season,many are), you should find a room for $100 or less. It's about 20 minutes away from foxwoods.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:23 AM

do a search and you should find a thread discussing the various foxwoods limit games from a couple of weeks ago.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:18 AM

Pgrady - If you can't get a good rate at FW and you are coming from Boston I generally stay at the AmericInn in Griswold (8 miles from FW), new property and free breakfast.

Table selection is key on a Wednesday night as the locals are more prevalent. The 5-10 game full of local rocks might have less action than a 4-8 table on a Wednesday night.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:56 AM

Just a FYI...

FARGO is going on starting tomorrow. The poker room is going to be extra busy.

www.fargopoker.com

Also the 5/10 Kill game is usally really good.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:54 AM

I've found that the 5/10 kill game is usually unpredictable, at least on weekends. I've had some sessions where 8 out of every 10 hands are kill pots, and others were maybe 2 or 3 our of 10 are kill. One generalization I can make is that the game is much tighter in the morning and early afternoon. As night approaches and the party people come in, it loosens up a LOT. My advice is to get in the game late when it's full of people throwing their money around. Play tight aggressive for 8 hours or so and you'll do well. My problem is I usually start playing at 10 AM on Saturdays and by the time it's gets juicy later at night I've been playing so long that it gets harder and harder to maintain a TAG style. Suddenly that JT offsuit in middle position starts to look really good...
Old 09-28-2005, 01:04 PM

I agree the 5-10 game can be a soft game later in the evening, played on a Sunday in afternoon and was up $200 after one hour of play. I have been there when was aggressive as well, and didn't fair too well.