Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-31-2005, 04:43 AM

Default Re: Should You Quit Your Day Job? — Part I

the best players in the world have been to the poorhouse and to the playboy mansion so many times because they have a healthy disregard for the value of money. They have a true gambling spirit. Your average internet pro does not have the balls, brains, or gumption of Doyle or Slim. But a lot do have decent bankroll management skills, and a lot are becoming damn fine poker players seeing hundreds of thousands of hands a year. There is no reason to assume that every internet pro will have the same gambling spirit of the all-time greats, but this doesn't mean they can't be successful. We are entering a new era of poker, one that none of us fully grasp or comprehend yet. Dr. Al, I applaud you for trying. None of us know if this boom will last, although I don't see it dying anytime soon. All of the teenagers will go to college with daddy's money to play with and lose, many other parts of the world will pick up on poker, and I will continue to grind out a living for the next few years, as will many of us small-time "internet pros".