Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 01:40 PM

Default The Wynn poker room is pretty but I am unhappy with the floor.

$8-16 they start a new game and it is a must move. 20 minutes later, I am moved to the main game.

About two hours later the game is down to 4 players and they won't move anyone from the must move game. It is now a main game also. The floor tells us we have to move over to the table i was moved from originally and one guy starts to argue that the other table should move over here because we were supposed to be the main game.

I go ahead and move and then they tell me i have to come back and draw for a seat. Now i have played about three hours, mostly short handed and all the sudden, players that just sat down have a seat and I have to draw to return to the table where I was originally seated. Now I will admit to be sleepy and a little bit stuck but man, that made me mad as hell.

If the Wynn doesn't care about keeping me in the action, I don't care about giving them any action. I think I am better off sticking around Indiana and Tunica where we can keep a game higher than 4-8 running for more than an hour or two.

Vegas poker is fine if you like $2-4 or $4-8 or No Limit but if you are a mid-limit holdem player, it just isn't very good.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:42 PM

Default Re: The Wynn poker room is pretty but I am unhappy with the floor.

two words, bellagio mirage.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$8-16 they start a new game and it is a must move. 20 minutes later, I am moved to the main game. ... Vegas poker is fine if you like $2-4 or $4-8 or No Limit but if you are a mid-limit holdem player, it just isn't very good.

[/ QUOTE ]

$8-$16 is not mid-limit. /end nit

bellagio caters to mid-limit and high-limit games ... mirage isn't that bad, either.

the wynn simply doesn't have it's act together but no reason to condemn the entire city for one room's ills.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:16 PM

Was 15/30 or higher not going? Just thinking ahead to the next Vegas trip....
Old 09-12-2005, 02:23 PM

For 15-30 and 30-60, Bellagio is FAR AND AWAY your best choice. I played a 40-80 game there that was ok, but the game is often short and breaks easily. OTOH, 15-30 was good there (not sure how often it runs) and the room is nice. Worth a visit, but I keep most of my play at Bellagio where there are often 5 30 games running.

Jeff
Old 09-12-2005, 02:29 PM

Was there Saturday 9/10 and played late afternoon to early evening. They had 3 games of 15/30 going and no list. My table broke around 8pm and then I moved to an open seat at one of the other two games. I left about 30 minutes later to go eat.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:35 PM

Vegas low-mid limits:

Mirage $6-12 and 10-20

Bellagio $8-16

I don't play anywhere else. I have heard the above games described as tight. I have never experienced that, and I have never experienced the problem you had at Wynn
Old 09-12-2005, 08:20 PM

10/20 -- 15/30 -- 20/40 --30/60 action on vegas is great--I play some no-limit now and then my bread and butter are the limit games around town-- I have yet to have a problme getting into one of these games---Wynn has a 15/30 that is not a bad game at all---and 20/40 and 30/60 now and then ------
Old 09-12-2005, 09:11 PM

Must move games are put in place just to insure that the main game doesn't break because of the new game. The must move though should only stay in place for an hour or two at most, after that each game is on its own. The problem with keeping the must move on longer is that the new game is almost always the better game. The main game is full of the winners and pro players that sit there all day. The must move is full of the gamblers and those that want to play for only an hour or so.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:38 PM

I just came back from Vegas and I stepped by the Wynn. First of all I could not find a game higher than the 15/30 which is lame, secondly the room did not impress me. I liked the Bellagio 30 and the Mirage 20 much more and although the Wynn is supposed to have added a 3rd mid-stakes poker room, it didn't look like one when I was there.