Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 10-13-2005, 04:34 AM

Default My Take On [censored]\'s Actions

I used to post a lot in OOT. It was fun, the threads were new and interesting, my fellow posters were, with some exceptions, pretty cool, and I found myself here much more often than anywhere else on 2+2.

Now OOT sucks ass. Why? Because it's been flooded with millions of retarded infants who have no common sense, no guage of reality, no valid sense of humor, no dignity, no idea how to deal with women - really just no clue about anything. Put very simply, I have no desire to converse with them ever.

So I leave OOT. I occaisionally stop by, just to see if there's something interesting, but there never is. It's always some nonsensical bullshit about lame their girlfriend is, followed by countless responses of "SIIHP." But then one day I stumble on something about how [censored] is an [censored] and should have his mod privilegas revoked immediately. "Hmm. That's interesting, I always kind of liked [censored] (largelely because the first Ms. OOT was really cool), I wonder what's the problem."

So I do enough asking around, find out what's going on, and get a little excited. "Maybe there is hope for OOT," I say to myself. I think his plan is great.

Let me say quite frankly just how bad I think things are right now. Today's average OOTer is so lame, I'd be in favor of locking OOT from everybody who didn't have a post here before 6 months ago. Would we lose some good posters who have some valuable things to say? Sure. Would it be very unfair to them? Absolutely. But you know what? You can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs. If there's a little collateral damage, so what? It's for the greater good.

We're not talking about constitutional rights, people. If you're a retard, get the f*ck off my forum.

Any questions?
Old 10-13-2005, 04:52 AM

Default Re: My Take On [censored]\'s Actions

[ QUOTE ]
locking OOT from everybody who didn't have a post here before 6 months ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take it under advisement. At the very least it is good know I can count on your support for the mass culling when it comes.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:55 AM

I thought u loved me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Now that i dont have OOT i have to kill myself....thanks a lot
Old 10-13-2005, 05:04 AM

Why has everyone got some sort of ego on here....

Its a sub-forum, on a p*ker website that people drop by and read amusing stories/anecdotes etc etc...

I have no problem with [Censored] and his bannings but instead of cleaning the place up, its more cluttered with people criticising the bannings etc...

My problem is that some people are immune to the powers of the mods because they are mainstays of this forum...

For example, El Diablo makes a extremely valuable contribution to this forum and I imagine lots of people would agree with a lot of what he says. However, if another poster made a post about cufflinks and dress shirts, would the same response be generated if not completely ignored. Maybe I'm incorrect, but I lurked for 6-8 months prior to registering... I would be the first to admit that I may not start many, if any threads of any quality so I don't try to.

However the unecessary squabbling that has begun to occur since the new modding is getting tedious, and to suggest banning people who weren't here 6 months ago, is borderline stupidity.

Sorry, Reality Check time...this is a forum in which possibly 30% at the most don't play poker......So banning people who are regular posters on the other sub forums, doesn't make sense...Banning trolls, shills and other pests is not a problem with me....Just that all this whining between cliques is boring...

Apologies for the rant, but work has been boring this morning....
Old 10-13-2005, 05:07 AM

Did you really have to make a new thread for this?

We've got 4 or 5 of these near the top of OOT, voice your opinion in there. This is why moderation sucks. Post after post about the "state of OOT" and moderation.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Now OOT sucks ass. Why? Because it's been flooded with millions of retarded infants

[/ QUOTE ]

Take it up with Mason. Tell him to keep new people from finding this site. It should be reserved for those of us who found it first.

Either that, or learn to live in a world of constant change. I know that can be tough on you old fogies, just take it one step at a time.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Now OOT sucks ass. Why? Because it's been flooded with millions of retarded infants

[/ QUOTE ]

Take it up with Mason. Tell him to keep new people from finding this site. It should be reserved for those of us who found it first.

Either that, or learn to live in a world of constant change. I know that can be tough on you old fogies, just take it one step at a time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This type of attitude is rude.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean?

Was I being rude to the old fogies? or was The Dude being rude to the newbies?
Old 10-13-2005, 05:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean?

Was I being rude to the old fogies? or was The Dude being rude to the newbies?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's like moving into a neighborhood of people who have lived on that land for decades, and being an ass, and then telling them to deal with it. It's flat out rude.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:43 AM

I like reading the Dude's posts and imagining "The Dude" saying it. It is cool. however, whiny [censored] like this isn't. We should keep count of how many "whatever happened to OOT" or "[censored] is a [censored]" posts there in a given week. But seriously though, good job starting a new thread when you could have tagged it on to TSC's thread. No really, good job.

(vitriol aside, the dude is a good poster who is missed, but he must get off his high horse.)