Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-03-2005, 02:24 PM

Default Re: I found $640: now what?

[ QUOTE ]
Who is to say that if no one claims it that the tellers friend doesnt come in and "claim" it?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're lucky I wasn't your bank teller.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:33 PM

Works at a bank, wouldn't work at a mall. Hope you get the money, thanks for doing the right thing.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:34 PM

You did the right thing. But if I were in your shoes, I don't think I could've done the same. Just being honest.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:37 PM

I'm 99% sure I would have pocketed the money and taken care of my business at the bank on Monday morning. Minor hijack, but where does the law stand on all this? Do you have an obligation to turn it in, if its lying in the middle of a (generally speaking) public place like a parking lot?

Anyway, good luck.

yasher
Old 12-03-2005, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm 99% sure I would have pocketed the money and taken care of my business at the bank on Monday morning. Minor hijack, but where does the law stand on all this? Do you have an obligation to turn it in, if its lying in the middle of a (generally speaking) public place like a parking lot?

Anyway, good luck.

yasher

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe you do have a legal obligation to return it. That being said, yeah I would have kept it.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:14 PM

Man why can't things like this happen to me...crap! However I would have thought about it a lot, but given how broke I am right now...its seriously a trivial predicament.

A poll would be interesting with this thread.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:16 PM

It's good you returned it. I have a friend who graduated college recently and he was driving in his car in Colorodo. On the side of the road he jsut sees large piles of money so he pulls over and starts picking it up. In total it was about $30,000 or so. He makes almost no money at his job, but he turned it in. Turns out that it was some poor schlub who took his life saving that he got from his parents and was moving somewhere on his own. He put the money in a bag on top of the car and it blew off. He actually had $40k but some other people pulled over and snatched some up too, so he didn't get it all back. Basically I'm just saying this because, although you don't make a ton of money, that sum could be alot to someone. If it were me, it would be most of my money and that would be a big blow to me. Glad you turned it in.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:19 PM

Im sorry but if you put 40k in a bag and allow it get blown off by the wind, you deserve to lose your money, all of it. If i have 40k with me it would be under my arm the whole time, or in a bank acount.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:20 PM

i think the bank will probably ask some questions so this shouldnt be too big of an issue.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:23 PM

Wow... I couldn't live with myself if I turned in 30k. I'd keep that 640$ as well.

Im a badass.