Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology

Old 11-05-2005, 10:15 AM

Default Re: Controversial Last Ditch Advice for Snowball 138

They come up with good solutions is what happens. The only one I like better than Davids solution is "Surely you're joking, Mr. Feynman!" by Richard Feynman. The chapter titled "You just ask them?"
Old 11-05-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I already posted what follows, but deep in the other thread, so many will miss it. I think the subject matter deseves its own thread. Keep in mind my propensity to not go into details is due only to my laziness and slow typing abilities. Much elaboration, by me or someone else, is eventually necessary.

There is one other last ditch measure (two versions) that I am very familiar with (without which we would not have a general moderator for theis website). The only problem is that it takes awhile and I have only until Jan 1.

The idea is to get to the top of the friends ladder, have her become emotionally dependent on you and then VERY DECISIVELY announce with NO WARNING and NO SNIVELING that you realize you are attracted to her and that it is best if you don't see each other again. Do not make it sound like it is an ultimatum! Make her think that you totally assume you have no chance with her. You are just making an announcement. Period.

The other version, probably more powerful, is to tell her, or better yet hint (again after having spent a lot of time on the top of her friends ladder) that you have a girlfriend who would prefer you two stop being so friendly. This you can string out over a week or two. Perhaps you can get a girl to act the part. Or if you want to be unethical you can actually get a girlfriend.

After the speech you really don't see her. But there is about a 25% chance she will call you after a week or two of reflection. (5% chance of instant capitulation).

The key here is to get to the VERY TOP of the friends ladder and not be too "cuddly" as you are doing it. Hobbe's wife will call you a snake in the grass but she is wrong. Because girls who will torment nice guys while they date the jerks should not complain about this tactic, at least as far as I'm concerned.

So the bottom line is to ask her out but not appear crushed if you get turned down. Then act as if being just friends is OK. After which spend about two or three months wending your way into her mind. Where she feels you are the first person to tell when anything important comes up. It will be too late for me but maybe not for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could just ask her out to dinner Snowball.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

After the speech you really don't see her. But there is about a 25% chance she will call you after a week or two of reflection. (5% chance of instant [b]copulation[b]).

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.
Old 11-05-2005, 08:56 PM

Catipulation was a metaphor for the same thing
Old 11-05-2005, 09:15 PM

The one thing Snowball's got going for him is the end date, Jan. 1. If there's a night to throw up a hail mary pass, it's definitely on New Year's Eve (something about end of the year, new beginnings crap that makes this the most likely night of the year to hook up). When all else fails, get to the same New Year's party as her, throw some champagne at her, and cross your fingers..

- Mac
Old 11-06-2005, 12:47 AM

Hi David,

I like your advice a lot. I'm thinking that a hybrid of TT's plan and your plan will give me more extra outs than a good fifth st. checkraise (7cs). A few posters responded by saying that this approach isn't worth it. If they saw the girl I'm talking about, they would know how wrong they are. Also, being friends with her for the next 2-3 months isn't exactly going to be a chore. We have similar interests, and its a pleasure to converse with her.

Also, I find it absurd that some posters find your advice unethical. Ethics are relative to the game being played, and deception is as fundamental to dating as it is to poker. Afterall, we're not playing for tiddlywinks, are we?
Old 11-06-2005, 01:46 AM

Thanks. Remember that Mat is living proof (literally and figuratively) that it can work.
Old 11-06-2005, 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I find it absurd that some posters find your advice unethical. Ethics are relative to the game being played, and deception is as fundamental to dating as it is to poker. Afterall, we're not playing for tiddlywinks, are we?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pfffff! How weak. Sack up, you pussy.

God, what a bitch you are. I can't wait until you get shot down. This is the most pathetic, weak-assed [censored] ever. Be a man for once in your life.
Old 11-06-2005, 04:13 AM

Snowball you sound like you're in love. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] So you're pretty much screwed. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

She's probably aware of this, but she's willing to ignore it so she can get what she wants from you.
Old 11-06-2005, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pfffff! How weak. Sack up, you pussy.

God, what a bitch you are. I can't wait until you get shot down. This is the most pathetic, weak-assed [censored] ever. Be a man for once in your life.

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize of course that the prelude to the plan involves asking her out straight up, don't you?