Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2005, 03:35 PM

Default 2/5 mirage and somewhat deep stacks.

We are I believe 8 handed. Initially not so great game has developed a lot of action with UTG+1 paying off a lot of people. He doubled me when I have KQo and opened 20, got a call and he made it 75. I decided to try and stack him and was rewarded with a KQ4 flop vs his aces.

UTG limps, UTG+1 (~3.5k) makes it 20. I (1300) coldcall with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] The SB (~1.2k) calls and UTG mucks.

The Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Yahtzee.

SB checks and UTG makes it 75.

So here there a couple lines to take, I am curious as to what is the best.
Old 09-04-2005, 03:46 PM

Default Re: 2/5 mirage and somewhat deep stacks.

Is he capable of folding 2 pair ever? If not, Do your best stare down while you raise to 2 something. You have the nuts w/ a backdoor redraw but you still dont want to see about 15 cards on the turn. Dont think about calling to bring in the SB, if he has anything he can overcall w/ hell probably stick it in (unless hes bad enough to overcall w/ ace rag). Calling could be suspect and this is a board where villian could potentially want to go to war.

-JP
Old 09-04-2005, 03:46 PM

Raise to 275 even and let him make a mistake by rerasining or calling. I cant see him folding since the owrst he would probably have is a pair and straight draw. Dont let the others with KJ or AJ split pot for cheap. Raise now.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:07 PM

I'd make it about $250, there's a very good chance he hit this flop pretty well and when you raise, alot of people will say: "well, he wouldn't raise me big with the nuts, he'd try and slowplay me and probably same thing with 2 pr" and he'll re-raise or call and check call turn.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd make it about $250, there's a very good chance he hit this flop pretty well and when you raise, alot of people will say: "well, he wouldn't raise me big with the nuts, he'd try and slowplay me and probably same thing with 2 pr" and he'll re-raise or call and check call turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

so there is no merit to waiting to the turn and popping it there to a large number when he leads again?

fwiw I did not mention the reads on the sb, he's pretty tight but sometimes cannot make a big laydown on the river but usually can on the flop, we've played before but it was plo.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:25 PM

you gotta fast play broadway straights if you like money bro. try to get the rest in asap before 4 straight card or board pairs.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

so there is no merit to waiting to the turn and popping it there to a large number when he leads again?

[/ QUOTE ]

debatable but nah, not really in this spot.....pot is pretty small and you have a lot behind.....too many times SB will just fold the flop anyway and then either a scare card will hit the turn to kill your action or UTG will check the turn or he'll bet but not call a big turn raise.....aim for a big pot now....it sounds like the game was getting revved up and action was abound, if one of them has a big hand they're not going anywhere so get some money in there......
Old 09-04-2005, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

debatable but nah, not really in this spot.....pot is pretty small and you have a lot behind.....too many times SB will just fold the flop anyway and then either a scare card will hit the turn to kill your action or UTG will check the turn or he'll bet but not call a big turn raise.....aim for a big pot now....it sounds like the game was getting revved up and action was abound, if one of them has a big hand they're not going anywhere so get some money in there......

[/ QUOTE ]

alright, part 2. I call, SB calls.

Turn is Jd, sb check, UTG+1 bets 75, I call sb c/r to 200, UTG+1 calls after a little deliberation, and I ...muck?
Old 09-04-2005, 06:16 PM

Raise flop unless SB looks like he's going to do it for you. Give the guy a chance to go broke.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you gotta fast play broadway straights if you like money bro. try to get the rest in asap before 4 straight card or board pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said.

When you flop broadway in a multiway raised pot, almost certainly someone else has a set or 2 pair and will find it very difficult to fold. Get the money in as quickly and efficiently as possible.