Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 02:17 PM

Default Karl Rove is going to jail...if he\'s lucky

Most of you probobly watch faux news so you will have no idea what I am talking about.

But Karl Rove has been named as the man who leaked the name of a covert CIA operative to Robert Novak for political gain.

We are at war folks, if you get caught giving aid or comfort to the enemy, you hang.

The Chimp will have to pardon him.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Karl Rove is going to jail...if he\'s lucky

[ QUOTE ]
Most of you probobly watch faux news so you will have no idea what I am talking about.

But Karl Rove has been named as the man who leaked the name of a covert CIA operative to Robert Novak for political gain.

We are at war folks, if you get caught giving aid or comfort to the enemy, you hang.

The Chimp will have to pardon him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Link?
Old 07-05-2005, 02:27 PM

Not one of the 24 hr news organizations either on TV or the web is reporting this.

I suppose it should have been obvious from your post.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:38 PM

I've been waiting to sound off about this, so here I go. First of all Rove is not going to go to jail. I'll tell you what this is all about. The Liberal Elite Social Worker Legal Professor Media Complex (similar to the Eisenhower Industrial Military Complex only without testosterone) hates Rove. They hate Rove because Rove is like Regan in that he is a whole lot better than they are at their own game. They view this as simply an opportunity to remove a very effective political advisor from the cabinet of a President they want to undermine. I bet the people at Time have thought about this since day one. They have probably been hoping to lose the legal fights, just so they can have their revenge on Rove. Hell, what does it matter if you have to give up a little confidentiality privelege in an extraordinary case if you get to take out one of your political adversaries? This type of crap makes me sick.
If you have been paying attention, Rove corresponded with the journalist but did not reveal any names. This is according to statements I have read by Rove's lawyers. I would not be suprised if in the year or so Time has been sitting on this, evidence has not been changed/ altered to portray this scenario in the case of the contingency where the scotus did not back Time. I don't trust documentation provided by Time for an instant. If truth be known, it was probably Hillary who revealed the name.
X
Old 07-05-2005, 02:40 PM

It has been reported on a number of blogs that Rove leaked the name. I haven't read the Isikoff article in newsweek so I don'ty know the extent of Rove's alleged involvement.
See the item approximately 1/3 of the way down this page.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:53 PM

http://www.smirkingchimp.com/article...ed&order=0

Dear ranter,
Why are you so angry? He clearly violated this law:

"Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States."

You and the knee jerk repugs (hush bimbo, the lepracaun) have no choice but to play the victim here. That is the only card you have!

That and attacking the sources.

The hand is in the cookie jar, Roves lawyer even admitted that he did it, something that you are trying to deny.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It has been reported on a number of blogs that Rove leaked the name. I haven't read the Isikoff article in newsweek so I don'ty know the extent of Rove's alleged involvement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. If it is true he deserves to be punished.

I wonder if The White House was betting that the reporters would not be compelled to testify or simply would not testify.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:58 PM

I saw a bit of this on TV. What cought my attention was that Rove didn't deny leaking any information. He simply said that IF he did leak the info - it wasn't done on purpose. The law states that you must WILLINGLY and KNOWINGLY disseminate this kind of info for there to be a case against you.

Guess Rove is so good, he is setting the stage for his eventual defence.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:03 PM

Default I\'m Still Waiting For..........

.......Robert Novak's upcoming column where he will explain the situation after his role with the legal proceedings are over. Then we will no the truth.

I could care less of the gossip about Karl Rove. Why? because it is just gossip.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, if he did do it, he should burn. It is inconsequential if the Time or Novak or whoever wanted to burn Rove. If he did it case closed.

-Gryph