Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2005, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Session Studies: Review Group

If someone feels they absolutely must be anonymous, they can do it like so:

When you export your hands, open it in notepad, edit, replace, and "replace all" of your name with something like 12131412 or whatever.

Likewise, use an anonymous email address, which is what the leaders are sending anyways, so you'll be fine.

It's not a big deal, though, as most people change their play pretty significantly every few months, and by the time they get to the stage where their game ISN'T changing significantly, they're continuously altering their play to suit the situation at hand, including throwing some game theory randomness in here and there.

--Dave.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:15 PM

Ok. Sounds good. Quick question:

I there a converter for the new absolute hand format ? The regular converter that people use here doesn't seem to be working well with those.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok. Sounds good. Quick question:

I there a converter for the new absolute hand format ? The regular converter that people use here doesn't seem to be working well with those.

[/ QUOTE ]
There's not one that I know of, and for this we're sending just the bare HH from the site to the reviewers Email, so you don't need to convert them before you send them.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:32 PM

I just wondered. Is there a program or a script of some sort which will convert every hand into a more readable form. Its much easier to read hands at 2+2 when reading hands straight from logs.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:36 PM

One thing I did with the HH's the last time I swapped w/ someone was to paste the text into word. You give "Dealt to MrWookie" one color, "MrWookie calls" another, and then two more colors for when I raise and when I bet. This allows you you quickly see what cards I have, and you can easily skim over where I folded preflop. The hands I play will be easier to read, too, with the highlighting of my action.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just wondered. Is there a program or a script of some sort which will convert every hand into a more readable form. Its much easier to read hands at 2+2 when reading hands straight from logs.

[/ QUOTE ]
Poker Tracker of course has it's playback option which is the easiest. I think you could also convert the HH as if you were going to post them with the converter. Then preview the post. Read it, make notes on a wordpad file then just don't hit the "OK, submit" button and delete the post.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One thing I did with the HH's the last time I swapped w/ someone was to paste the text into word. You give "Dealt to MrWookie" one color, "MrWookie calls" another, and then two more colors for when I raise and when I bet. This allows you you quickly see what cards I have, and you can easily skim over where I folded preflop. The hands I play will be easier to read, too, with the highlighting of my action.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the best thing to do, as a reviewer, is just to import the hands into a PT database.

However, this is a close second-best.

--Dave.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:00 PM

im trying to get together a history. how do u get it off PT. sorry i am challenged with this kinda thing. thanks!!!!
Old 10-22-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im trying to get together a history. how do u get it off PT. sorry i am challenged with this kinda thing. thanks!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was messing with this just last night, but I can't remember exactly where it is. I think it's options > export hand history. Then you pick the date and # of hands you want exported.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:49 PM

Agreed... what i have trouble with is filtering by session... I don't think you can do that when exporting hands. Therefore I suggest that you either make a new DB when you do this, or pick a different limit, or make it your first hands of the day, or something like that.

--Dave.

Edit: Actually, what you COULD do would be to set your preferences tab and just change "My day starts at XX:XX" until you only have one session. Then your export should function normally. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]