Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 11:16 AM

Default laptop/ dual monitor question

I have been running a monitor off of my laptop so I can 4 table and it was working fine, then the other day I unhooked it to plug it in to my cpu and when I hooked it back up it wont work anymore. The little light goes from green to yellow. I tried to call toshiba but they wont help me b/c I dont have the serial # which rubbed off the bottom and isnt readable. I mean why they hell would you put a serial # that can just be rubbed off on there? So anyways im trying to find the damn reciept now but figured Id ask here if anyone knows what the problem might be. Ive tried everything I can think of messed with all the settings and troubleshooting.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:29 PM

Default Re: laptop/ dual monitor question

If the power light on the monitor is not green, it is not getting a video signal from the system. Power everything down, disconnect the video cable, make sure that there are no bent pins on the video cable. There may be a couple of pins missing, that is ok. Carefully, but firmly reseat the cable back into the sytem video connector. Power everything up again.
If the power light on the monitor comes back to green when the CPU is on, you are getting a good signal and should see a display.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:30 AM

Default Re: laptop/ dual monitor question

i had a toshiba do the same thing with the serial numbers. You need to contact toshiba or the place where u baught it soon or when it brakes you will never be able to get it fixed. It's a real pain in the arse but its better than having a broken laptop with no one to look at it because it might be stolen.

P.S. Toshiba laptops suck, mine broke 3 times in 6 weeks before i finally told best buy i wanted a new comp. I got a gateway and its trouble free [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] Good luck, Jay