Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 09-16-2005, 01:54 PM

Default Banning PT?

This is along the same lines as the other guy asking about banning HUD. By the way, what does HUD stand for.....i can tell by context, it means Gameview and the like but dont know what it stands for.

This is a quote directly from my affiliate website:
Advantage 3rd Party Software 'DON'T USE ANY'

Just an FYI I've read several reports very recently of people that run 3rd party software that Party\Empire view as giving you an advantage.. I.E. Poker Edge, Poker Prophecy etc.. They have been outright BANNING accounts, so don't run them! If the program gives you an unfair advantage, don't use it. Note: I haven't heard anything about poker tracker or poker office YET

Has anyone else heard about this? And even if it were true , how could they know if I had PT on my computer?
Old 09-16-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Banning PT?

HUD = Heads Up Display

All of the poker sites condone the use of poker tracker, so no worries there.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:26 PM

Sites don't care about pokertracker. They just don't want distibuted sharing of hands and players stats with programs like Pokeredge.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:28 PM

This has been much discussed (use the Search function).

HUD means heads-up display.

According to PokerTracker support, no sites currently ban the use of PT. Same with PokerAce. There was a scare when Empire was mailing warnings to some people who had PT installed, but that was apparently a misunderstanding. Go to those products' support forums for more information.

You CAN get banned for using tools that either specifically mine data from tables you don't play at (StarSpy) or that mine data and sell it to you (PokerProphecy).

Some sites (Party in specific) can know what you run because when you signed up you agreed to let them check your computer for banned software while you're on the site.

HTH.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:44 PM

Why would they ban PokerTracker? Poker Tracker has legitimate uses in analysing and tracking your own play.

HUDs (Heads Up Displays) that write other people's statistics on the screen are mainly used for classifying opponents in real time, often with the help of computer assisted autorate functions.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:01 PM

when a poker player needs a program to play poker, nah, this horse has been beat to death already.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when a poker player needs a program to play poker, nah, this horse has been beat to death already.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it impossible to play online poker without several programs...Not very exciting when I yell "Raise" at a nonfunctioning piece of grey plastic and nothing happens.

Oh, I also need electricity...is that a problem for you too?

--Zetack
Old 09-16-2005, 03:12 PM

I have no idea where this sarcasm is coming from.

Surely you can see the distinction between recording/analysing your own play and using automated systems to analyse and profile your opponents, often in real time?
Old 09-16-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it impossible to play online poker without several programs...Not very exciting when I yell "Raise" at a nonfunctioning piece of grey plastic and nothing happens.

Oh, I also need electricity...is that a problem for you too?

--Zetack

[/ QUOTE ]

electricity doesnt think for me. perhaps it does for you.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:21 PM

I'm pretty sure one reason why Party and friends continues to allow the use of Poker Tracker is that they would lose many multitabling TAGs which are generating them a ton of revenue.