Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 04:53 AM

Default Re: omfg

The fact you never considered a cap and calls it absurd is part of the reason you're "running bad."
Old 12-05-2005, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact you never considered a cap and calls it absurd is part of the reason you're "running bad."

[/ QUOTE ]

im not sure how one has anything to do with the other. i suppose the cap did enter my mind, but given my reads it seemed -EV, thus absurd.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. This type of hand comes up like once a week at most.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think maybe the fact the he is running bad is the reason he never considered a cap.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:10 AM

There is almost no way either person has a straight given the flop action. If they are insane enough to raise the flop with KT then they are insane enough to raise the river with 27o.

The only thing you have to fear is a higher set. I suppose someone could have a higher set, but as a general rule of thumb, never fear set over set. Especially try given the preflop action. And you would only have to win this hand 33% of the time for a cap to be profitable. (edit: This assumes everyone comes for the ride) I would cap this and expect to win it 70% of the time.

Missing value bets is as bad as paying off value bets. This particular situation is rare, but it implies that you're missing value because you're fearing monsters.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is almost no way either person has a straight given the flop action. If they are insane enough to raise the flop with KT then they are insane enough to raise the river with 27o.

The only thing you have to fear is a higher set. I suppose someone could have a higher set, but as a general rule of thumb, never fear set over set. Especially try given the preflop action. And you would only have to win this hand 33% of the time for a cap to be profitable. I would cap this and expect to win it 70% of the time.

Missing value bets is as bad as paying off value bets. This particular situation is rare, but it implies that you're missing value because you're fearing monsters.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i cap, am i getting 2 overcalls? I doubt it. But I sure am getting called if I'm beat.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:18 AM

You called them loose. what makes you're think MP is folding for 2 more in a huge pot? CO is certainly calling for 1 more after he 3 bet the river.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You called them loose. what makes you're think MP is folding for 2 more in a huge pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

i also called them passive......
Old 12-05-2005, 05:22 AM

Not to be results oriented, but they actually don't seem that passive based on the flop play. But even so, passive spring to life with plenty of hands you beat.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:24 AM

Caps.