Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 08:13 PM

Default Re: $20-40 Floor Ruling, Ethics?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On the turn, in a very big multiway pot (Queen high board), guy in the 8 seat says (I'm in the 2 seat)......

"You bet with a lot of confidence".

I say, "Because I can beat a queen".

[/ QUOTE ]

How is saying you can beat a queen any worse than telling the table that someone bet with a lot of confidence? I'm with you on this...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to be really nity, "I can beat a queen" could mean that you can just beat queen-high since a pair of queen was never specified.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On the turn, in a very big multiway pot (Queen high board), guy in the 8 seat says (I'm in the 2 seat)......

[/ QUOTE ]

How is saying you can beat a queen any worse than telling the table that someone bet with a lot of confidence? I'm with you on this...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to be really nity, "I can beat a queen" could mean that you can just beat queen-high since a pair of queen was never specified.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could also say "Big weasel's poppin a big one on Tuesday in the bathtub." Either way, it can be interpreted as collusion.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You could also say "Big weasel's poppin a big one on Tuesday in the bathtub." Either way, it can be interpreted as collusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

My personal favorite is just to say: "That's because I've got you beat" or "Only because I'm going to win this pot"

Drink More,
RedRum
Old 09-13-2005, 11:47 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

I fail to see how this is any different than the tricky play who say "I just call one time", or the wild guy who suddenly starts to chirp , "Please don't call", or the guy who bets on the river and starts looking at his cards, shows it to his friends.

In fact, this is a cash game, if you want to turn your hand face up, why not?
Old 09-14-2005, 01:53 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
I fail to see how this is any different than the tricky play who say "I just call one time", or the wild guy who suddenly starts to chirp , "Please don't call", or the guy who bets on the river and starts looking at his cards, shows it to his friends.

In fact, this is a cash game, if you want to turn your hand face up, why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Some do turn it face up. I can think of 3 that do that right now. Many more that do what you mentioned...haha

b
Old 09-14-2005, 02:02 AM

I can imagine some of you guys playing baseball:

Batter pops up weakly to the infield. Umpire puts his fist in the air, signaling the infield fly rule. The shortstop lets the ball drop in front of him, picks it up, then tags second and runs to first to tag the runner.

Umpire: you can't do that. Infield fly rule. Batter was out as soon as I called it.

Shortstop: That's a stupid rule. If I want to let the ball drop, that should be tough nuts for the baserunners.

Umpire: Its a rule for a reason.

Shortstop: We should be able to play the ball. It's in play. The hitter shouldn't have popped it up if he didn't want the double play.

Umpire: Can we get security out here?

You can actually get disqualified from some tournaments for talking about your hand. Mike Caro doesn't like it either, but it is what it is. Get over it. Talk about the other person's hand if you feel you need to let your knowledge flow.

And showing your hand is, of course, usually plain stupid, and that's why it's allowed.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:22 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
You can actually get disqualified from some tournaments for talking about your hand.

And showing your hand is, of course, usually plain stupid, and that's why it's allowed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Showing your hand isn't allowed in tournaments.

b
Old 09-14-2005, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Showing your hand isn't allowed in tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]
And also, it's not allowed in tournaments.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:45 AM

Absurd.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:34 AM

Head -up I say TALK ALL YOU WANT--- but Howard not in a pot with 3 or more players----
What if the board is like this--
A-k-9-7-2 rainbow
you have trip A,s---
One player says to his friend in the hand---I can beat trip J's but not trip A's ---as his friend is ready to bet -- now the friend that was ready to bet tosses is trip 9's into the muck -- yuo just lost a bet from him because of table talk---I have a feeling you would be very upset about this---
So in short NO no table talk about hands with a multi player pot --- I know if it was me in the pot I would have called the floor in a heart beat-----