Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 06:38 PM

Default Re: Tonight WSOP Circuit tourney? Did everybody read caro\'s boof of te

I think you are forgetting the times they misread there opponents.

1) Jean B. limps w/ATo, Ivey moves all-in with 95o, JB calls. You can't say that's a great read by JB without saying it's a terrible read by Ivey.

2) Lee raises heads up vs. Jen with JJ, Jen calls. Lee flops a set, checks the flop and gets Jen to bet 100,000 on the turn with Q-high.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:33 PM

He checked the river hoping to induce a bluff. Hoping with the 4 straight out there that gabe would say he can't call unless he has a straight or big hand. But he hlooywooded way to much and gabe wasn't biting.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:44 PM

I'm not saying there were perfect reads on every hand. But i'm saying the general play seemed like everybody was sensing weakness at the right times and uusally acting on it. Gabe reraising with 92 off, jenn moving all in k10 after getting reraised etc. Beelande's discussing the other players hands during the action were uusally fairly close as well. Then Gabe feeling very confident bellande had AA or a huge hand when he had Ak. Don't get me wrong i know these arent amazing reads. Just saying overall pewople were reading pretty good.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:17 PM

I am shocked that no one has mentioned that every time Lee hit a really big hand you could easily see that his breathing rhythm changed - very heavy breathing when he hit the big hand. Shocked me when I saw this repeatedly and Harman bet into the three Jacks.

Gojacketz
Old 07-20-2005, 10:17 PM

OK...I agree mostly.

[ QUOTE ]
jenn moving all in k10

[/ QUOTE ]

But I think this is just power poker 101, not really a read of any kind. It's 3 handed, Lee doesn't have to have much of a hand here to raise, they are probably a little reluctant to play a big pot with the 3rd place stack, she only fears a few hands (AA-TT/AK/AT)...etc.

And I can't give Ivey credit after that 95o move...maybe you had to be there, but Ivey's got a loose, aggressive image doesn't he...and he pulls that play on a loose, big stack, WTF?
Old 07-20-2005, 11:28 PM

harman's laydown of AK sucked, even if she didn't have a read of weakness on Gabe's part. She was shortstacked 4 handed w/ AK.. hmmm.. i wonder how fast i could put all my chips in there.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:55 PM

Default Re: Tonight WSOP Circuit tourney? Did everybody read caro\'s boof of tells?

I just went and double-checked my DVR, and he absolutely flipped the cards over.

Pause your machine as soon as they take down the hole card graphics but before they cut to the close up for Harman's face and you can clearly see them on the table just to the dealer's left.

Since she had her head down when he flipped them, her "Trip Jacks?" comment sounded more like she was seeking confirmation that that was what he showed.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:59 PM

If by winnning player, you mean broke, by his own admission, than yes, he is that.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:20 AM

Trying to figure out exactly when Harman said "trip jacks" is pointless, as ESPN edits these shows. You often see reaction shots that don't go with the action, and sometimes they've even screwed up the whole hand. See this page.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:19 AM

I did not catch this either.

Does anyone know if there is a bittorrent for this by any chance?

Thanks

Lawrence