Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 01:00 AM

Default Re: Please Improve the structure of the Sunday $200

Lee Jones and Stars aren't eager to fix what ain't broke and the Sunday tournament is a huge cash cow. The relative minority of us who would kill to see a better structure don't seem to have the influence to change things.

MBE, I think you should organize a peition asking for better time/blind structures in the higher-buyin (non-rebuy, since the amount of play in those is basically perfect) events. We don't need to form a consensus on what the improved structures should be, since ultimately Stars will chose whatever changes it makes, but we must convince the management at Stars that a lot of its customers would like to see an change in this area.

I think most of us would agree that Stars tournaments are the most realistic and fun to play, but even Party understands that players appreciate a different, slightly better, structure for tournaments that cost $150 to enter than those that cost $10.

I've said it before, but with their Sunday tournament Stars has finally created a marketting sucess with an inferior product. Party, as hellish as its software and customer service is, at least runs decent higher-buyin tournaments.

Shane
Old 05-03-2005, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've said it before, but with their Sunday tournament Stars has finally created a marketting sucess with an inferior product. Party, as hellish as its software and customer service is, at least runs decent higher-buyin tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. For what ever reason, stalling isn't as big of a problem on Stars. I'd much rather be ITM on Stars than on Party. Hell, PF AI poker is all that gets played at that point anyway. Sure, better players will still benefit from longer levels, but damn if it doesn't blow chunks to play 30 hands an hour during the PF AI stage.

Also, don't you think that chopping/customer service/cashouts/Antes/etc make Stars a better product? Without a doubt, Stars blind structure sucks. There is very little deep stack play, and late game the blinds increase at a ridiculous rate, but overall, I still prefer playing Stars tourneys.

CSC
Old 05-03-2005, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree 100%
Old 05-03-2005, 11:30 AM

Default Thanks Lee, this is a good discussion

Although I see your point I am still not convinced. However, we must work under a null hypothesis of innocent until proven guilty...And maybe our "p-value" isnt small enough because the evidence needed is so tough to come by. Making these accusations and proving them is very tough. Fortunately, you guys don't deal with the regulation that I do working in the pharma industry as a statistician...The FDA usually puts us under a Guilty until Proven Innocent Structure...Keep that in mind when fighting for regulation..

By the way, great poker book and wonderful talk at the WPPC. You hit the nail on the head with your analysis of SNGs and I believe that Stars is the best site for good players.

Indiana
Old 05-04-2005, 09:09 PM

Default Stars 215nl prize schedule

And another thing, how about changing the prize structure so that places 10 through 36 get a bit more than they do now? It's frustrating to make it that far and receive only 8:1 on your buyin. It would be nice to have a guarantee of at least a $5,000 prize for the top 25. Mostly they will lose it back in the 30-60 game anyway.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:28 AM

Default Re: Stars 215nl prize schedule

[ QUOTE ]
And another thing, how about changing the prize structure so that places 10 through 36 get a bit more than they do now? It's frustrating to make it that far and receive only 8:1 on your buyin. It would be nice to have a guarantee of at least a $5,000 prize for the top 25. Mostly they will lose it back in the 30-60 game anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why you gotta keep the payouts a little lower - that way they lose it back in 15/30.

Agree with you about payouts - I wish those tourneys topped out at like 8-10% for first. For the sunday, that is still $40-50K.

CSC