Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is the more legendary SNG player?
Gigabet 127 85.23%
Raptor 22 14.77%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2005, 04:01 AM

Default Re: Brand Spankin\' New Glock 19

[ QUOTE ]
Again, again, again, others have posted that deadly force can't just be dealt out vigilante style which appears to be one of your main concerns

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't mean it won't happen. Ace posted ten examples of people using their guns, two of which were people acting as vigilantes. My main problem with every single person on this forum that is pro CCW is that you all seem way to trusting of other gun owners. You assume becuase you are responsible, other will also be just as responsible. This is a very dangerous assumption in my opinion. The fact still remains that we are putting guns in the hand of untrained citizens. Regardless of what you think, you can't say for sure what you or any of the other gun owner will actually do in the heat of the moment. I would assume not take the chance and just let the trained professionals handle this.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:07 AM

Default Re: Brand Spankin\' New Glock 19

[ QUOTE ]
My main problem with every single person on this forum that is pro CCW is that you all seem way to trusting of other gun owners.

[/ QUOTE ]
My main problem with you (and others may share it) is you have this inherent distrust of your fellow law-abiding citizen and feel that the gov't should strip them of a natural right of theirs.

[ QUOTE ]
The fact still remains that we are putting guns in the hand of untrained citizens.

[/ QUOTE ]
And most statistics of CCW permit holders show that they're about as law-abiding as you can be. And many of those people who get those permits do become trained. Your criticisms are not founded upon reality, but your own biased (and false) opinions.

[ QUOTE ]
I would assume not take the chance and just let the trained professionals handle this.

[/ QUOTE ]
What professionals? You think a police officer's gonna be right there when you're attacked? If you don't want to take a "chance" and hope a "professional" is right there when you or your family is attacked, that's your right. But who are you to tell people they can't defend themselves? What right do you have to strip people of their natural rights in the name of some demonstrably false goal of protecting the innocents from those wild CCW permit holders?