Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 02:30 AM

Default Re: YES! I ran the [censored] out of a red light and got busted cold

[ QUOTE ]
Photo tickets are treated like parking tickets since it's impossible to prove who's actually driving the car. You'll have to pay a fine, but it won't show up on your record and you won't hear anything from your insurance company. Don't take it to court and expect to win because there's no proof who was driving the car though. If you say it wasn't you, they'll ask for the name and address of who it was, and given that it's your car they'll expect you to know. I've seen that tried, it doesn't work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wouldn't this work? I lived in an apartment with three other guys and only one of us could have a car at the apartment. The kid who owned the car would let us borrow it and at times he wouldn't know which one of us was driving it.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:44 AM

Default Re: YES! I ran the [censored] out of a red light and got busted cold

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Photo tickets are treated like parking tickets since it's impossible to prove who's actually driving the car. You'll have to pay a fine, but it won't show up on your record and you won't hear anything from your insurance company. Don't take it to court and expect to win because there's no proof who was driving the car though. If you say it wasn't you, they'll ask for the name and address of who it was, and given that it's your car they'll expect you to know. I've seen that tried, it doesn't work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wouldn't this work? I lived in an apartment with three other guys and only one of us could have a car at the apartment. The kid who owned the car would let us borrow it and at times he wouldn't know which one of us was driving it.

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case, the district court judge will just find you guilty and tell you to appeal to circuit court if you don't like it. Since the fine is probably less than $100 and doesn't hurt your record, you won't appeal.