Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 12:41 PM

Default Re: $5.50 KQs on the Bubble

[ QUOTE ]
Probably because I feel I suk post flop. I'm thinking of playing some SH ring games to work on my post flop play.

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you tried playing SNGs on party? With a starting stack of t800 rather than t1500, the games go by faster. Also, when you get to the bubble the stacks range anywhere from 5BB-30BB, making a pushbot strategy more viable. There isn't much postflop play either.

As for the hand you posted, I'd be afraid of the limper. When I see limpers on the bubble at these low levels, half the time they have rags and the other half they have monsters that are looking for action. If he's seen you push 4-6 times in the last 30 hands, then he may be wanting you to do it again.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok if I raise it to 600, big stack calls and flop comes A85 rainbow. What's my line, assuming the big stack is loose but not a total maniac post flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would check/fold. The pot is big and a continuation bet would hurt your stack. Though if I have a read on him and I'm sure he wouldn't limp with an ace, I would try firing t800.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:17 PM

I actually think you have to continuation bet here (since you raised PF and an A flopped), but of course if he has an A he'll probably play you. OOP sucks.

-SonnyJay