Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

View Poll Results: WCOOP Event #9 ($300+$20 Limit Stud, Monday 9/12, 3pm EST)
>600 4 19.05%
500-600 5 23.81%
300-400 8 38.10%
<300 4 19.05%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2005, 08:25 PM

Default Best Old School Video Game of All Time; Round of 32

Hey guys-

I am defining old school to simply mean, 'Older than 1994'. I completely randomized the seeding for this one, mostly because I think seeding may have effected the results from the last poll. I intentionally did not include multiple games from a series, when voting you can think of the game as representative of the series if you like. So there's only one Zelda game, one Megaman, one Star Wars, one Dragon Warrior, one Final Fantasy, one Sonic, etc.

Also I made an executive decision to leave out really old games like Asteriods, Pong, Pac-Man, etc. because the list was getting too long already.

Like the worst movie poll, I'll let this one run for two days.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:27 PM

Default Re: Best Old School Video Game of All Time; Round of 32

all I have to say is that if Zelda, Super Metroid, and/or FF3 US lose, I will officially lose faith in OOT completely.

BTW, great head to head lineup of Punch Out and Super Mario Kart, tought choice.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all I have to say is that if Zelda, Super Metroid, and/or FF3 US lose, I will officially lose faith in OOT completely.

BTW, great head to head lineup of Punch Out and Super Mario Kart, tought choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Super Metroid is good, but, unfortunately, it is up against one of the best PC games ever made. There's no way you can't vote for Tie Fighter.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If XCOM doesnt win the whole shooting match than clearly it means that many people with no clue voted.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:34 PM

right, whatever, tie fighter is nowhere near the game that super metroid is.

Sry, but I really dont see the argument. Of course, Im a diehard nintendo fan, and super metroid is one game I've played the [censored] out of. I think I might make the case for it being one of the best sequels of all-time.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:34 PM

Some brutally tough matchups in this one. I think it will come down to whether a majority of people around here are PC fans or console fans.

Swede
Old 12-06-2005, 08:37 PM

Pitting PC games against console games is like pitting NFL games against arena football.

[ QUOTE ]
Some brutally tough matchups in this one. I think it will come down to whether a majority of people around here are PC fans or console fans.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

I really did randomize the seeding. Looking back I wish I had put some effort into this, like splitting Contra and Populous II, putting them each against Tie Fighter and Super Metroid.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If XCOM doesnt win the whole shooting match than clearly it means that many people with no clue voted.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh god, I know this might get me an asterisk, especially since video games are my career, but what the [censored] is an XCOM?

(Im 21, and didnt have a computer till I was 12.. total console guy).
Old 12-06-2005, 08:38 PM

Street Fighter 2 v Mega Man 2......Both of these games are better than most of the rest. I want to see SF2 vs Super Metroid for a final. I am officially rooting for Super Metroid to win.