Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 12:50 PM

Default Re: Party\'s new Beta Software---- great features

[ QUOTE ]
How many 2+2ers are gonna be slangin 2001fp's on ebay in the near future?

[/ QUOTE ]

WTB @ decent 2nd hand price
Old 11-26-2005, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How many 2+2ers are gonna be slangin 2001fp's on ebay in the near future?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to 8-table on my two Dells in the future also. Why should I sacrifice comfort just because I can make the tables really small?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure yet. I like the fact that I don't have to move my head/eyes all the time; less space to cover, if you know what I mean. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] But of course it is small...
Old 11-26-2005, 03:34 PM

6 tabling on a dell 2001f... oh my eyes...

even on a 20" LCD, i had to squint and get closer to the screen to read the cards.

going to try another set w/slightly bigger tables this time.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:55 PM

I downloaded the Beta version and just to get a taste I 4-tabled the $6 sngs. OMG are these games horrible, i played like a total donk, i was in push or fold mode the whole time and I was ITM in 3 out of 4. But, back to the thread, the screens are small, and you have to squint a bit, but overall it is awesome. For guys like me who usually only 2-3 table on laptops, this makes things alot easier.

I do have one problem tho, and im not sure if this has been addressed yet, but with this new version we lose all of our notes we have on players. Is their any way to keep our player notes? thanks.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:02 PM

Default Re: Party Suggestion list

So far, my opinion is that there are two main things that would greatly improve the software--- and correct me or add additional suggestions please...

1) Ability to have a "default" table size, so that once you have a size that works for you, you can have future tables always open in that size.

2) Recognition of a second monitor (for tiling)---- and possibly, ability to set Monitor 2 as a default monitor.

Also--- I've always wanted a "manual refresh" button in the lobby, which I will be asking for.... Anything else?
Old 11-26-2005, 04:06 PM

The Beta client was installed in a different directory... All you have to do is copy "Notes.txt" from your old Party directory and paste it into the Beta directory... Make sure you do it while not running the PartyPoker client though.

In fact--- if you are a big fan of your notes, it's a very good idea to frequently back up your Notes.txt file...
Old 11-26-2005, 04:12 PM

thanks bro. now, if you don't mind could you give me a step by step way of transferring the notes, im a computer degenerate.

also, i agree that would be great if we had a custom setting that we could have automatically.

thanks in advance---little anus [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2005, 04:22 PM

this is incredibly cool.. 9 tabling is the new 8 tabling [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2005, 04:27 PM

little anus [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img],

assuming you have Windows XP---
1) right click the Start button... select Explore
2) Click on the directory "Program Files"
3) Click on directory "Party Poker"
4) Select the file "Notes.txt"
5) Hit the Ctrl-C keys (ctrl-c is the shortcut for "copy".. it's universal across every Microsoft program)
6) Go back to the directory "Program Files"
7) Click on the directory "Party Poker Beta"
8) Hit the Ctrl-V keys (ctrl-v is the shortcut for "paste")
9) You'll get a prompt asking if you want to replace the file... make sure that you didn't do things backwards, and that the file you are replacing is smaller (fewer bytes) than the one you are pasting in (more bytes).

Hope this helps.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:30 PM

When Party releases the non-Beta real version, your notes will automatically be preserved... it's just because this Beta version is being installed in a different directory that you see this problem...

However--- that means if you use the Beta client, add notes to people, and then Party releases the real version, you will then have to transfer your new notes from the Party Poker Beta directory over to the real Party Poker directory.