Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 06:03 PM

Default My Dell 2001fp has gone haywire!!

I bought it in February of this year. But I didn't buy it from Dell. I bought it from a company called Hyper Microsystems.

The problem is that it's operating on the wrong input. It has four of them: #1 is D-SUB, the one it should be on. #2 is DVI-D, #3 is Composite and #4 is something I can't remember. For some reason it's stuck on the wrong input. The button that changes inputs doesn't respond right away. I hit it a bunch of times and get no change. Then after a few minutes it goes crazy and cycles through all the inputs for about 2 minutes straight. Then I have to hope I get lucky and that it ends up on D-SUB. Sometimes it does and I can use the monitor for a day but then it goes crazy again and starts switching inputs for no reason.

My problem is that Dell doesn't seem to want to help me b/c I didn't buy it from them, even tho it's their product. And Hyper Micro's warranty is only good for 90 days. The factory warranty is supposed to be for one year but Dell says I have to get Hyper Micro to fix it/replace it for me.

So now neither company is being helpful and it looks like I'm out $600.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue that the monitor is having? Or if I can't fix it, what should I do about it since neither company is helping?

Thanks very much in advance.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:23 AM

Default Re: My Dell 2001fp has gone haywire!!

bump, can anyone help me?
Old 11-15-2005, 08:44 AM

Have you tried the Factory Reset option on the menu (assuming the other buttons work OK).

If that doesn't help, I would push Dell much, much harder to arrange repair under their warranty. If no one at the call centre can help, fire a letter off to the Customer Service director at HQ explaining the situation (not the details of the fault, just the difficulty getting it resolved).
Old 11-15-2005, 11:18 AM

Wow, lame. I'd have the retailer get dell to honor the warranty. I hate dell for reasons like this.