Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 02:02 PM

Default So here\'s a crappy spot.

The Button seems pretty much loose/passive, but only over a few hands.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (5.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.75 BB

What do you do differently?
Old 06-15-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Re: So here\'s a crappy spot.

I'm bet/folding here. When you ck, he'll bet his QJ2pr and push you off the pot. I don't see him raising my river bet w/less than str8 here.

-Jaran

edit:can't spell
Old 06-15-2005, 02:16 PM

Villain is a passive 6 max-er? Hmm, probably only bets the nuts too. I hate those guys. They'll sit on Queens and call while you pound at them with your sixes. Then they crush you on the river with the set and you wish you had a cat to kick. My neighbors won't let their cat come over to visit anymore. My wife keeps the windows closed because the cursing wakes the neighbors.

I don't think I do it any differently. Just consider that you "only" lost 3.5 BB.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm bet/folding here. When you ck, he'll bet his QJ2pr and push you off the pot. I don't see him raising my river bet w/less than str8 here.

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you about him not raising without having me smoked, so if I'm planning to call a bet I'm better off betting myself; but do you think a relative unknown (who so far has been pretty passive) will bet a hand I'm beating here 15% of the time?
Old 06-15-2005, 02:25 PM

I think you played this fine.

The only alternative line I would consider is check/folding the turn, and that doesn't seem too good as this kind of player will almost always peel a card off with two overcards on this flop.

Once the river comes, you are pretty much dead against anything but a totally random hand and you can't put any more bets in.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:31 PM

Interesting UTG raise.

I do not hesitate to think that even loose/passives might take this opportunity to bluff the river. Whether you are good often enough to call, however, is another story. I'd probably fire another one here, as I think button could be calling down with A high or other such garbage.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you about him not raising without having me smoked, so if I'm planning to call a bet I'm better off betting myself; but do you think a relative unknown (who so far has been pretty passive) will bet a hand I'm beating here 15% of the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a bit out of practice with the 6-max game, but if I remember correctly, I think that a river check will be bet here by quite a few hands you beat, such as 2pr or a rivered Q, or even a complete bluff, just as often as it'll be a T or the flush. Basically, I think most 6-max players are going to be aggressive enough to try and take advantage of percieved weakness.

-Jaran
Old 06-15-2005, 02:36 PM

I'm confused, am I the only one who sees that Hero has 66 with 4 overcards on the board?
Old 06-15-2005, 02:45 PM

Jaran all that studying abroad made you senile.

-DeathDonkey
Old 06-15-2005, 02:47 PM

Yeah, I just realized. For some reason I thought cold had a set. Ignore everything I posted. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

-Jaran