Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 12:11 PM

Default What should I read first?

I just bought "The Theory of Poker" and "Tournament Poker for Advanced Players" by David Sklansky and was wondering which one I should read first or if it even matters. The only other two poker books I've read so far are "Harrington on Hold 'em" volumes 1 & 2, and have just started to apply the concepts I learned with moderate success (need to work on my endgame). I rarely play cash games, basically 50% SnG and 50% MTT but I want to focus on MTTs more. Are there any other good books I should be reading?
Old 11-12-2005, 01:32 PM

Default Re: What should I read first?

Theory of Poker is by all accounts a great book, but I found it to be a tough read, especially compared to HoH. It contains a lot of information to process and very dense prose.

I've never read TPAP but I've heard mixed things about it.

Phil Gordon's Little Green Book is supposed to be a great book in the "advanced beginner" no-limit tournaments category and may help to reaffirm concepts from HoH.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:23 PM

Default Re: What should I read first?

It doesn't matter what kind of poker you play. Everyone should read Theory of Poker. I would definetly read it first.