Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Hand #9 BB=200, SB w/ K7o, 1355 chips as short stack
Push 46 75.41%
Fold 13 21.31%
Something Else 2 3.28%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-25-2005, 12:01 PM

Location: They call Los Angeles the City of Angels. I didn\'t find it to be that exactly, but I\'ll allow as there are some nice folks there.
Default Re: what\'s better?

[ QUOTE ]
My first thought was that she just really didn't understand what you were getting at. It sounds like you and your sponsor - well, actually just your sponsor, because you haven't given much detail about your own, independent thinking - think that she's actively or passively trying to subvert you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never asked what his rationale is.

Best I can figure:

I'm obsessing too much.

She's either still too loopy from all that crap she's been putting into her system to be in touch with reality, or she's trying to mess with my head.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:19 PM

I was the first person to choose the first option after 20 people had already chosen the second option. I was beginning to think I was the only person who drank alcohol in excess here.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:48 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Plus she would go on and on about her ex back east. Finally I asked her how long they were together. Eight weeks. She surely has some issues to work through.

[/ QUOTE ]

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
did I mention she's dating my best guy friend now? He's a player, so I know he's not serious. But yeah, uggh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your sponsor's right. She's reaching out for affection in a way that is destructive, and she'll take you down with her (and ruin any chance of a real relationship once she does deal with her demons.)

Let her be. She won't find a long-term with her behavior, and you're not risking losing her long-term by letting her be nutso with others (though, I know it hurts to think about). She really does need to work on finding solace and not replace her previous addiction(s) with affection-- yall can't be long-term without her finding peace without destructive behaviors.

GL, I think you know you need to stay away for now, and take the advice of your sponsor not only as that but as a friend who is removed from the situation.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:20 AM

Location: They call Los Angeles the City of Angels. I didn\'t find it to be that exactly, but I\'ll allow as there are some nice folks there.

[ QUOTE ]
No way dude, the girl he likes is now dating his best friend, and his sponsor told him to severe contact with the girl.

He's still got feelings for her. This is quality. Reminds me of Melrose Place in real life.

[/ QUOTE ]

My buddy and her are done now too. Yeah, its quality.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
feel crappy now feel good later, man if you want to feel good now and feel crappy later ur most likely overweight

[/ QUOTE ]

Or on some kind of drug
Old 08-31-2005, 04:40 AM

be here now
Old 08-31-2005, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
be here now

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll try. I'm a busy man though.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:42 AM

Stay away from chicks in the program. You're there for something more important. Date normies and be happy. nOob.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:31 PM

To anyone still following this, I learned some new information today. Actually old information.

This same chick came to the place I met her four or five years ago. She stuck around for about nine months, before moving to New York.

Her farewell speech went something like this: "I am not an alcoholic, and I haven't been sober any of this time. Screw all of you. The only reason I was here was to hook up with boys." She comes back a few years later, clings on to me, and then moves on to my pal almost instantly.

What a piece of work. I still care about her in that I want to see her do well, and not die of alcoholism, but I have no desire to be part of her life any more.

If I sound like I'm being melodramatic, that just the nature of the medium. I really find most of this quite funny. I don't regret any of my decisions, and my most recent ones seem to be more and more right every day. I believe the only "mistake" I made, was agreeing to go have coffee with her when she was at about two weeks (according to her, see above). Lesson learned, and I'm glad I never had sex with her (and I could have). This will be my last report on this situation.

Peace
--Tom
Old 09-01-2005, 07:44 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.

who would you have sex with more, me or a preacher ?