Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 02:50 AM

Default Re: AKs gets turn checkraised.

There are too many people looking into this hand way to logically. His PT numbers say it all.

1.5 aggro when hese seeing every other hand is extremely aggressive.

This player is NOT that sophisticated to try a C/R on the turn just because an Ace came on the board. If villain has a set or just made two pair he should be betting it on the turn for value. Not trying a C/R because u might ve caught ur ace.

If u did catch ur ace and he thought u did he would bet out knowing u would call or even raise him. Anyone thinking u caught ur ace or that they can induce a bluff on the turn from u by checking here is probably too much of a thinking player to play 50 percent of his starting hands with no aggression preflop, anyways.

Call down here for sure. After ucall the C/R on the turn u might even get a free show down when he gives up and besides u might have 5 outs to improve and ur getting almost ten to 1.

Theres too many donks at 2/4 to fold this consistently.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:47 AM

IMO looking at this hand logically based on the flop and turn action and putting villain on a hand range, is better than looking at a players stats and saying villain is a donk and that this is a call down based on that.
A 1.5 aggression factor can mean that villain plays his strong hands aggressively. Most 2+2ers have high aggression factors, does this mean they are constantly bluffing and spewing chips post-flop?
Old 07-12-2005, 04:28 AM

there is no way im folding TPTK in a pot this big. Unimproved on the river againsty a check rasier, i just check and call down. Improved, i'm betting for value. He probably has a set, but there is no way your 90% sure of that. you have to call down. To not would be a sin.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villains most likely holdings on the turn based on the way the hand has played out are A9, 99, 55, 33. This range could be wider as a 1.5 AF is pretty aggro for a 50VPIP player. I can't help but to call down here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given his VPIP, agreed. Happy Birthday.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:18 PM

Doesn't an AF of 1.5 with a 50% VPIP mean something a lot different than a VPIP of 20% and the same AF? Just curious, cause I assumed that if villain is playing every other hand and is aggressive on average with every other hand, that his is often bluffing and semi bluffing. Either that, or he has been catching amazing cards and amazing flops for 300+ hands. My assumption was that 50% VPIP players were still very aggressive even if they had a AF of 1.0 or less, because it is relative the the % of hands played PF.