Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2004, 07:55 PM

Default Help registering on Empire when i already have a Party account

sorry if this is a repost, but i couldn't find the exact answer i was looking for with a search. I have a party account, but i have started to eight table using my friends empire account. this is a bit of a hastle, so i tried to get an empire account. i downloaded empire to a computer which has never had any party/party skin on it and registered from that computer with a new email account. I earned enough money playing on my friends empire account that he said he could just transfer it to this new account so that i wouldnt even have to worry about depositing. The problem is that i got a message from empire saying that they detected that i play at some of the other poker rooms with which they share tables. What else do i need to do to get an empire account?
thanks
Old 11-25-2004, 09:17 PM

Default Re: Help registering on Empire when i already have a Party account

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...=14&fpart=
Old 11-25-2004, 09:17 PM

Start by reading the FAQ's (2nd post from the top) in this forum.

The answer that you seek is in there, trust me.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] busguy

Oh and the reason I'm sending you there rather than just giving you the answer is that you look like you might be new . . . and as such may find some other useful stuff in there as well.
Old 11-25-2004, 10:34 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

oh, i thought you were going to tell him that you sent an email.

or in this case: check your pm's
Old 11-25-2004, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh, i thought you were going to tell him that you sent an email.

or in this case: check your pm's

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if I should be offended by this or not. I guess since I am not an affiliate I shouldn't be.

If by your comments you mean that you were surprised that an affiliate hadn't e-mailed/PM'd this guy yet, then your comments are indeed humurous and I concur.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] busguy
Old 11-26-2004, 01:05 AM

hi guys,
thanks for the info.
The problem is that i tried both of the solutions that you gave,
1)to install and register from a different computer with a different email address,
and
2)uninstalling both party and empire, deleting the folders, deleting the file in the registry, then reinstalling and registering with empire.

Both times i received the same message.
Error : EmpirePoker shares tables with a few other online poker rooms. We have detected that you have an active real money account with one of these poker rooms. Due to security reasons, you cannot create another real money account. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you think this message is in error or for more details, please contact us at info@empirepoker.com along with your account name.

I used the same name and address when i registered, could that be it? also, i tried and failed to make an empire account before, before i came to 2+2. Could that be it?

should i try this again and this time register with say my first initial and last name?

any advice? I really need to get this up so i can 8 table because i already got another monitor.
Old 11-26-2004, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I used the same name and address when i registered, could that be it? also, i tried and failed to make an empire account before, before i came to 2+2. Could that be it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, that may have something to do with it.

The 2 things I would suggest.

1) Call Empire support and tell them you have an account at Party but you want to play on Empire as well (ie. you want to 8 table) which isn't possible at just ONE site. There have been many posts by people who have said that they where able to open an account when being open and honest with support.

If that does not work then . . .

2) Do one or all of the suggestions that you already tried (clean computer, registry delete etc) and then sign up to a different Party skin (Multipoker, PokerNow etc.)

Good Luck

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] busguy
Old 11-26-2004, 01:29 PM

i spoke with empire, and they said that they have a new system in place to detect collusion. so this may throw out all the old ways of getting around it. Do you think that if i registered with say my first initial and last name, to a new email from a new computer, and registered it to my home address instead of my school address, they would be able to find a connection?
Old 11-26-2004, 02:25 PM

I just signed up for PokerNow a couple days ago (already playing on Party). I used the registry trick but still got the "detection" warning when I tried to signup.

I was able to signup by switching to a different email address during the signup process.
Old 11-26-2004, 02:42 PM

Due to security reasons, you cannot create another real money account

sorry to be my usual nasty self, but they told you NO. that means they consider what you are doing as a security problem and a potential risk to them and the rest of the players.

if you want people to walk you through how to defraud the site and thumb your nose at the rules, i think you are in the wrong place.