Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2005, 11:59 AM

Default Thank you! 1st MTT win!

Hi,
first of all, I want to say Thank you to everybody at this forum for being so helpful in giving advice on how to play MTT's.
Today, I won my 1st MTT ever. I have been on a few final tables before, but today, I finally won. I won the 50+5 Tourney at Party with 180 players.

During the early tournament, not that many interesting hands happened. I doubled up once when I pushed my KK preflop and a guy with 77 called.
In the mid stages of the tourney, I was always below the average and it stayed that way, until late on the final table.
I honestly don't remember too many hands from the earlier parts of the tourney, but the final table was pretty fun.
I made it there being the 8th biggest stack and 1 player busted pretty quickly. I stole a lot and was therefore able to slowly build my stack.
One crucial hand was when we were 7 left. I had JJ and was in LP. Guy in front of me races to 2.5 times BB (I think BB was 2000 at that time). He had me slightly covered. I decided to call his raise with my JJ and BB also called. BB had us both covered. Flop came 7, J, Q with 2 hearts. BB bets out about half the pot and guy in front of me raises to about 12000. I push, BB folds and other guy calls and my JJ beats his KK.

The next interesting hand happened when we were 3 handed. I have JJ and I'm on the button with blinds at 1500/3000. I raise to 7500 and SB, who I have covered by about 10,000 (total chips of 180,000, big stack was BB with 80,000) calls. Flop comes 2, 6, 8 and BB pushes. I call and he flips over 8J, but sucks out on me by hitting another 8 on the turn. Now, I only had 10,000 left.
The very next hand, I get A8 at the SB and push. BB calls with KQ and I win the hand, doubling me up to 20,000. Next hand, they fold to me. Then, I push A5 and the big stack calls me with his 33 and I double up again. Then, I bust the 3rd guy and it's heads up with the big stack.
He has me slighly covered (75,000 to 105,000). I play very aggressively preflop in the heads up situation. After a while, I finally gain the lead and I have about 105,000 and villain about 75,000. Then, the deciding hand. Villain is in SB and raises to about 2.5 times BB, which we both did frequently. I decided to call with K4. Flop comes 3, 4, 5 and I check. Villain pushes his remaining 60,000 into a pot of about 15,000, I think. He had done this before and I didn't think that he hit the flop, so I decided to call. He showed AK and my hand held up and I won the tourney.
I'm still not sure if the call on the last hand was correct because he could have easily had an overpair, but I'm very excited about my 1st MTT win.
Thank you all for analyzing hands of mine in the past and helping me becoming a better MTT player!
Old 07-31-2005, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Thank you! 1st MTT win!

Congrats.

How much did you win?
Old 07-31-2005, 12:30 PM

Major congrats.
Old 07-31-2005, 12:36 PM

Your final hand was perfect.

You had a perfect read and because of it, you won the tourney. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2005, 12:41 PM

I wouldn't call it a perfect read since there was a slight amount of doubt...but it was a good one nonetheless. Anyway, congrats on your win.
Old 07-31-2005, 12:43 PM

Well, I suppose. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

But it got him the win!
Old 07-31-2005, 12:47 PM

Congrats!!

Last hand looks good.

Now, as per convention you must pay 10% of your first win to Chief911 for the 2+2 MTT forum "advice in not free" beer fund.

I figure you won ~2k, so we now get $200 worth of beer.

Sweet. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Congrats again,
Woodguy
Old 07-31-2005, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Congrats.

How much did you win?

[/ QUOTE ]

The exact amount was $2430, which leaves me with a profit of $2375. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks for the congratulations! All I can really say is that it feels great! Now, I just have to try to win the 350K today as well to make this an incredible day! lol
No, it already is an incredible day and while playing this MTT, I also qualified for the 350K tonight through a SNG satellite.
So, life is good today!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]