Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2005, 01:27 PM

Default Table Image (LC)

$3/$6 at the local B&M. Our table breaks and as I pull up a seat at another table I decide I want a looser table image. At the previous table, I was picking up lots of small pots, but wasn't getting any action on my big hands. Luckily, my chance came within the first orbit:

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 w/ Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
limp, Hero raises, folds, limp, folds, CO calls, button calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10.5 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero bets, all call

Turn: (7.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero bets, MP folds, CO calls, button calls, BB folds

CO and button are looking at each other and CO says something about me smoking crack. Why he doesn't think I have a hand is beyond me...except I don't [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

River: (10.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero bets, CO & button call

Lots more grumbling from CO and button about what I could possibly have.

Final Pot 13.75 BB

Results:
Hero shows Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for 2 pair
CO mucks
Button mucks
Hero wins 13.75 BB

The dealer who just moved over from the game I was sitting at that broke looked at me sideways and mouthed, "Q5??" Then I tightened back up and for the next hour I get tons of action from the CO and button and leave +50BBs.