Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 03:47 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"
Default I must have been dreaming

Here I am on the dream table. I mean dream table, so dreamy I’m wondering if Paul Anka is going to roll out into my bonus room and fire up a quick number while the Soda Jerk creates a cherry soda for me and my poker table. People are chasing, people are limping people are cold calling, things are just in tune.

9 handed 15/30 game and there are 3 limpers to me in MP and I limp along in the limping party with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], it continues to limp in tune all the way to the button who of course raises, how can we blame him really? He’s a bit laggy but I would have raised there, so I’m certainly not upset about it. The blinds call and the rest of the field calls. 8 of us take the flop.

Flop: (16 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Ahh I knew I was in tune with this table. Paulie is really in tune now, he’s got the beat baby. Hmmm how to play this, I really can’t count on the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] to help because I hold that, maybe the Q will but he’d have to be a donk. Oh well let’s see.

SB checks, BB bets, UTG+1 raises, MP1 3-bets, MP2 folds, I smooth call, CO caps, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, I call.

Hmm that went well. Obviously I need not worry about action.

Turn: (20 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (perfect) Oh the sweat music is going on, the bud girls have just stopped by to drizzle caramel syrup all over my Ice cream Sunday. Ooops some spilled, how cute.

SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 bets, MP1 calls, now normally I would check here and let the CO capper bump it up but, he’s short less than half the bet so I let him make the raise I kill the round so I raise, CO calls $36 (All-In), SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 3-bets, MP1 calls, I cap, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

River: (41.20 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 players, 1 all-in)

BALLS, BALLS I say, Paulie hits an off note, shatters the soda, Ice cream all over my keyboard. The smell of Ozone permeates the air. The bud girls took my dog as the exited the door. The dog seemed not to mind and I think he stuck out his tongue at me as he left. Bastard.

3 checks to MP1 who bets and it’s all over. Easy muck, no?
Old 08-29-2005, 03:58 PM

Default Re: I must have been dreaming

There is no way I fold this now. I imagine MP1 turns over KJo way too often. Quad 9s is the only reasonable hand I can see MP1 having that is beating you (He probably raises JJ/KK preflop and doesn't 3-bet 77 on the flop). Raising the river might not even be spewing in this situation.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:01 PM

41 BB! Against a table full of bad players, no way.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Easy muck, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

...am I missing something?
Old 08-29-2005, 04:04 PM

P
O
T

S
I
Z
E
Old 08-29-2005, 04:07 PM

I am in the habit of spending a single bet here pretty much always.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:56 PM

That paired board blows goats for sure. But are you 40 to 1 sure that you're beaten? I think the $1,200 pot is worth a $30 call no?

The way you describe the table, you might be up against KJ or MP1 may have even flopped a straight with QT.

I'd personally need to call this.
Old 08-29-2005, 05:19 PM

I think you'll see Q8 clubs, 78 clubs or a few others often enough that you really can't fold here. Obviously you're not winning often. But there's over 42 BB's in the pot.
Old 08-29-2005, 05:45 PM

How would you feel about three-betting preflop when the action gets back to you? If we're going to the flop eight ways and I have a suited ace, this looks like a good time to try to build a pot.
Old 08-29-2005, 05:51 PM

He also might bet trip nines.

You have GOT TO call this down, even a pot half or less than half this large.