Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2005, 05:23 PM

Default a really messed up thing i saw once- dude almost died.

i was talking with an old freind about our days in college, and we brought something up that i hadn't thought about for a long time. it's a pretty screwed up story about a dude that almost died at a party we threw once.

i used to live in a house full of partiers in bellingham, wa. we brewed our own beer and often thew keggers for all of our freinds in the neighborhood. unfourtunatly, our next door neighbor was a preecher, and he would often call the cops at midinght if he could hear anything. well... he left town for a weekend, so we took the chance to throw a party that was probably way too big for the house. about 200 people and three bands showed up- we had made some special batches of beer in anticipation of the party, and my buddy levi had anawesome recipie for some 10% punch that tasted like kool-aid (for the ladies that weren't into dark, strong beer).

everything went very well until about four am, when some of the stragglers found the trampoline in the preecher's back yard. they quickly climbed the fence and were bouncing away when i found them. i had to yell at them to get the hell out of the guys yard, and they did, except for one drunk guy that HAD to do 'one more trick'. the trampoline was a round one about ten feet in diameter.

he tried to do a front flip, and fuked it up royally... he over rotated and fell foward on the landing, which wouldn't have been a big deal, except that the pad that covers the springs and the metal tubing that was the frame had been removed. he could have hit his face on the tubing, but came up short- and what happened was probably the most screwed-up, terrifying thing i've ever seen. as he fell foward, his head slipped between two of the springs, his chin hooked under the surface of the trampoline, his neck braced against the tubing, and, in slow motion, he continued to rotate foward, past vertical. i was DEAD SURE that i was watching him break his neck and die, but, luckily, his legs fell on the fence, and he was able to suspend himself like that until i could climb over the fence and pull him out. i'd guess that he came within 1% of snapping his neck like a match head... jesus.

i had forgotten about that...

anyone else got some messed up accident stories? i have a few more, but that's the worst that doesn't involve somebody dying.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:00 AM

Default Re: a really messed up thing i saw once- dude almost died.

I swear 95% of this forum lives in Seattle.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:15 AM

Yes. And the other 5% live in New England.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I swear 95% of this forum lives in Seattle.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha
Old 06-01-2005, 02:13 AM

A month or so ago, after a night out, a few friends and I were heading back to a party. It was pub/club closing time, and as usual, the streets were filled with the usual drunken revellers. Glasgow has a well know pedestrian precinct (Sauchiehall st, for any fellow Scotsmen reading), and this place seems to get the worst of it when the clubs close.

Well, on our way to this party, we had to walk through this pedestrianised area, and as usual, there were a few police vans there just keeping an eye on things. As we were walking past, a drunken girl was climbing onto the side of the vans. What I saw next was unbelievable.The police van took off, so fast that the tyres screeched, with this girl still clinging onto the side.

It must have been travelling for a few seconds with her holding onto the side, but had accelerated to a hefty speed - maybe 30mph or so. The van drove past one of those bollards that you get in pedestrian precincts, clearing it by less than a foot - but not enough room for the girl to pass through, and she hit the bollard with a sickening thump and was thrown from the side of the van.

The police van slowed down, obviously sensing what had happened, stopped, and the two policemen got out, shouting "We told you 3 times to get off the van", but the girl wasnt moving. All her friends were screaming and stuff, and a small crowd had gathered. The police managed to get the girl sitting up, but by this time the girls bf had been arrested for shouting at the police. Quite a chaotic scene.

As we left, the girl was sitting up and talking, so it appears she wasn`t seriously injured. In my opinion, the girl shouldnt have been climbing onto police vans (obviously!), but it was an appalling lapse of judgement on the officers part to take off that fast in a pedestrian zone, knowing that a stupid girl was climbing onto the side. A look in the side mirror would have shown she was still there.

When the officer driving got out the van (he was young, and obviously quite new), he looked white. I really did feel sorry for him at that time. The police in Glasgow do a wonderful job, (especially the 4am shift that deals with the clubs closing!), but I really can't help thinking he made a bad judgement call at that moment.

Anyway, the thud, and seeing the girl being thrown from the van was pretty horrible. She really was lucky not to be thrown under the wheels. I hope that one second lapse of judgement didn't affect his career, and I equally hope the stupid girl climbing onto the van has learned a valuable lesson too!

Ringo