Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-27-2005, 07:14 PM

Default I have finally met better players then myself

Two weeks ago I began playing at a new site. 40/80 and up against what seemed to be almost the same players everytime, usually 1 or 2 non regulars playing.

Everybody is extremely loose in these games, at least by 2+2 standards. Something like 36/23/2 is the normal player filtered 3-6 players.
My style is bit tighter, but not much.

It seems like I keep getting outplayed all the time in this game.

I seem to get three bet by Q8s, and then postflop bets go in only when im behind. I pick up a betting pattern of guy checking flop behind with bad hands and then betting turn, so i decide to make a move and bluff check-raise turn, he three bets so i cap because ive seen him fold to cap after three bet. river pairs other of my cards and i check-call. Turns out I managed to go 4 bets with 98 against KK on K46 J 8 on turn.

It's a sick feeling, when it feels like you can't bluff because they will look you up and value betting is hard when they read you like an open book in online fixed.

I don't know how these very good players do it, but I have to admit I was the fish in this game. I even noticed many times how 1 or 2 players sit out immidietly after I left the table.

Im a long term winning player in 20/40 and up shorthanded games on other sites.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:39 PM

Default Re: I have finally met better players then myself

Move down?