Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-23-2005, 01:20 PM

Default KJo, multiway pot, scary board

5/10 Eurobet

From what I recall the table is playing pretty loose, and I believe in particular the BB is a flop peeler who folds a lot on the turn (but that doesn't really matter in this hand). Villain is TAGish, abuot 22/8 or so over not that many hands, CC'er in the SB is loose, about 43/13. I'd been hitting a lot of big hands preflop so I've been raising just out of circumstance, and mostly not showing down winners.

5 handed, first two limp, I raise KJo on the button, both blinds and the limpers call.

5 for 10, flop is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I don't have any spades. Checked to me, I think about HPFAP and checking behind but I bet, SB calls, BB, UTG fold, MP check-raises...I think and call(???), SB calls.

3 to the turn for 9.5BB.

K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

MP bets, I raise, SB cold-calls (somebody has a flush draw), MP 3-bets, I swear and call, as does SB.

River, 3 for 18.5BB.
Glorious glorious K of whatever.

Check, check, I bet, SB folds, MP calls, and I win.

Thoughts on the flop mostly, I guess the turn too, but mostly should I be ramming/jamming with TP on a scary board against a TP's check-raise, or is it ok to wait for a safe turn card to pop again?
Old 12-23-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Re: KJo, multiway pot, scary board

I like it all. I don't think you're in that bad of shape on the turn. I'm having a hard time putting MP on a hand now that I've seen all the action.