Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help

Old 12-15-2005, 08:56 AM

Default Transferring poker info to a new computer

I'm a moderately literate computer user, but would appreciate any wisdom on transferring poker info to my new computer. I currently play at Full Tilt, Ultimate Bet, and Paradise Poker. What info is on my hard drive? Player notes? Hand history? cookies? (mmmmm cookies!)

I think I need to download the latest poker site software to my new computer and then memory stick the appropriate files over (i.e. the ones that don't download). Is this the case?

TIA!
Old 12-15-2005, 11:02 AM

Default Re: Transferring poker info to a new computer

I do not play at Full Tilt, Ultimate Bet nor Paradise...

but, you are correct, you would need to copy the player notes, if the site support that. I believe copying over hand history wold be useless. Either you've already imported them into Poker Tracker (if you use it).. Otherwise those files are useless by themselves.... don't worry about cooikies... Poker Sites will set the cookies they need for their programs to operate when you install and login on the new computer.

SamJack
Old 12-15-2005, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Transferring poker info to a new computer

assuming your using windows xp, it has a file and settings transfer windows. Never really used it but that might do the trick for you.