Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 10-25-2005, 08:09 PM

Default Re: Please return ALL colors to normal

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That makes me feel like a complete idiot

[/ QUOTE ]

I fail to see how. Just explain to people that it wasn't your decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

There, I changed my post (at least the quote within yours). Plus I wasted quite a bit of time trying to implement what I thought was a well-thought out system that an overwhelming number of MTT members wanted. It was on a trial basis to see if it worked, and given that there was no opposition by Mat prior to doing so, the trial should have been allowed to go on or at least a resonable explanation given.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:12 PM

A) What Angry Cola said
B) There were plenty of complaints, perhaps not in your forum, but elsewhere.
C) I'm not going to allow a bunch of ill-will to be built up amongst this team of moderators over disagreements involving...

colors?
Old 10-25-2005, 08:12 PM

Barring an explanation that something has come up in the past two days, I don't think it's unreasonable for me to be upset since he said he had no opinion about the colors just the other day. Had he said "I hate colors. Don't use them." then fine. Or if he said I'm not liking the way you're using them, it's just not working. Fine. But to kill it after acquiescing is not right. Sorry. I feel pretty strongly about this.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Barring an explanation that something has come up in the past two days, I don't think it's unreasonable for me to be upset since he said he had no opinion about the colors just the other day. Had he said "I hate colors. Don't use them." then fine. Or if he said I'm not liking the way you're using them, it's just not working. Fine. But to kill it after acquiescing is not right. Sorry. I feel pretty strongly about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lloyd, like I said I think its fine for you to disagree and want further explanation. It was just that one particular point of arguement I thought was out of line.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:17 PM

And had you included in the original post that you've received an overwhelming number of complaints and for that reason you now believe everyone should have the same color, then great. No problem. But without doing so it just didn't seem right.

And in reality, we're not going to have a consensus among all issues. And that shouldn't stop us from trying to do something that provides value to the forum.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:19 PM

The *unnecessary* wasting of time is not part of the job. I've said my peace. Mat responded. I think it could have been explained better in the initial post but whatever. End of the discussion (for me).
Old 10-25-2005, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

colors?

[/ QUOTE ]

vas is dis colors?
Old 10-25-2005, 08:25 PM

Lloyd,

I apologize that this issue and decision has caused you some grief. After reading through all the threads on colors in this forum, I came to the conclusion that the changing of colors would create more harm than good. I agree that in your forum, this probably would not have been the case, but at the moment, I'm not able to implement policies for single forums.

I should have included this explanation in my original post. At the time I made it, it did not occur to me that my rationale wasn't obvious.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just to be clear, ALL means ALL except MM,DS,Ray Zee,NPA, and mods obviously?

[/ QUOTE ]

An Admin's normal color is red. A Moderator's normal color is green.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realise that I'm just clarifying that Ray Zee shouldn't have his color changed nor should Mat's dad. Don't think they're admin but I could be wrong.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:41 PM

I am not, and I don't think I am, by any means, the official voice of your team, but I hope I speak for a number of us when I apologise to you for causing you unnecessary hassle by our internal bickering and nit-picking.

Ironically-speaking, I hope that you realise that this bickering and nit-picking comes about because you have picked a good team of individuals who care about your site and who take their duties perhaps more seriously than you had envisaged when you set out on your course to have greater involvement by your clientele.

Here's to the people.