Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2004, 03:08 PM

Default First hand of the day, AA

Just happened, my first hand of the day:

Ultimate Bet 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (12 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP2 folds.

River: (15 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB
Old 08-05-2004, 03:11 PM

Default Re: First hand of the day, AA

Why slow down on the turn and lead out on the river?
Old 08-05-2004, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why slow down on the turn and lead out on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering that too. I'd lead the turn again, and if raised probably call, and check/call the river.
Old 08-05-2004, 03:15 PM

Why not raise turn? What are you afraid of?

CO didn't raise pf. Might have 2-pair, but more often then not it's a hand like AQ, QT, or KQ. QJ would suck, but I would still raise this on turn.

Interestingly inconsistent on the river. You are pretty sure that CO will raise. A good play is to bet to have CO raise (hopefully w/ a lesser hand) and potentially make SB fold to 2-bets w/ a possible better hand. If that's the case, I applaud you for the effort, but it's Party .5/1... SB won't fold 2 pair. It looked like you felt you were behind on turn and bet river? Hmmmmm.....
Old 08-05-2004, 03:18 PM

Bet the turn. CO could be pumping a flush draw on the flop. Check/call the river if raised on the turn. If CO wasn't pumping a draw you're probably beat.
Old 08-05-2004, 03:51 PM

I wouldn't post a hand that I thought I played well [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. The river bet is exactly the reason I posted this. I think I talked myself into the fact that he missed his flush draw and yet might have enough of the board to force him to call. Retarded, I know, but that's the whole point of my posts on 2+2.
Old 08-05-2004, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
but it's Party .5/1...

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it's UB .25/.50, which is why I didn't raise the turn. As my first orbit, I played him as if he was a general UB player, which means, he won't come alive unless he has something.
Old 08-05-2004, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the turn. CO could be pumping a flush draw on the flop. Check/call the river if raised on the turn. If CO wasn't pumping a draw you're probably beat.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for this post, this is what I was hoping to hear. I believe I played the turn and river backwards [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 08-05-2004, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
but it's Party .5/1...

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it's UB .25/.50, which is why I didn't raise the turn. As my first orbit, I played him as if he was a general UB player, which means, he won't come alive unless he has something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops. I'm just so dang used to that phrase... I gotta use it everywhere.... So, let's just all pretend it's Party. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

As for the not coming alive unless he has something reason for calling the turn.... why again bet the river?
Old 08-05-2004, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As for the not coming alive unless he has something reason for calling the turn.... why again bet the river?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because I talked myself into the fact he was on a flush draw? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Ah, the memories of such a sad play. Thankfully, it's in the past.