Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-30-2005, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Results

I see a lot of people saying cap pre-flop. Does anyone else see this as an excellent "disquise your hand" scenario? Villian 3 bet us and by just calling we let him think we don't have a really good hand here and are just hoping to hit the flop. He will then be lead to believe he can push us off of it by betting into us the whole time.

I would expect if you cap pre-flop, he checks the flop to you, you bet, he folds. Putting you on AK, KQ, or high pockets. I think you get more money out of him by calling the 3 bet, and calling his bully attempts post-flop.

You lose less money against AK, AA, KK, KQ and you win more overall (I believe) against smaller pockets QJ, J10, etc.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:53 PM

Default Re: Stealing the blinds with QQ

id cap pf. maybe ill call with AA once in awhile when im not worried about overpairs. nice hand. i raise the turn or river if there wasnt a K up ther.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Stealing the blinds with QQ

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is new to the table, but over 50 datamined hands, he's 28/18/4.5

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

River: (6.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Thoughts? I had originally intended to somewhat slowplay them, perhaps raising the turn, but the K on the flop changed my mind, although against someone with those numbers I'm still fairly sure my hand is good a solid portion of the time. I don't know, can anyone find a raise in there?

[/ QUOTE ]

against this guy, I'd raise this river alot. He will have a lower PP, or some random one pair hand that he won't fold. His aggression is pretty high. I'd expect to raise, get called, and win, a lot.