Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-28-2005, 02:39 PM

Default AKo - Time for a laydown?

UTG: 14/10/2.7
CO: 43/6/2.7

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

Turn: (6.70 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (9.70 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO calls, Hero...
Old 12-28-2005, 03:05 PM

Default Re: AKo - Time for a laydown?

You have CO beat 99.9% of the time here, so ignore him, and I don't think you are losing 90% of the time to UTG, so just call.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:05 PM

I dont think im folding for one bet on ther river.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:24 PM

Call the river. Then again according to my pokertracker stats, I don't fold to river bets enough LOL.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have CO beat 99.9% of the time here, so ignore him, and I don't think you are losing 90% of the time to UTG, so just call.

[/ QUOTE ]
I actually misread my own hand slightly. I think this is call, still it's pretty slim with these stats, and of course they are over a large sample.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:37 PM

I can't see folding here. I don't see UTGs turn donkbet as being a monster, but more likely A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or something...and I don't think you should be worried about teh CO.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's damn close. What hands do we beat that villain raise with UTG? KK and...? He can raise TT here but I highly doubt he would lead the turn then against 2 players. Do we really want to call here hoping for a split against AK or that he have KK? I think he have QQ judging from his actions. I really don't know what I would do here but I would probably call it down or fold the turn.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's damn close. What hands do we beat that villain raise with UTG? KK and...? He can raise TT here but I highly doubt he would lead the turn then against 2 players. Do we really want to call here hoping for a split against AK or that he have KK? I think he have QQ judging from his actions. I really don't know what I would do here but I would probably call it down or fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you ever fold the turn here given the action. You are closing the action getting 8-1, you have TP/TK and a gutshot. If you aren't ahead, you can almost call for the gutshot alone.

All that said, I don't think the villian is betting this turn with ATs, or TT, or KK, so I think you are losing, but, I'm still calling down. If the river is bet/raise, then it'll will be much easier to let this go.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would you ever fold the turn here given the action. You are closing the action getting 8-1, you have TP/TK and a gutshot. If you aren't ahead, you can almost call for the gutshot alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we hit our straight I think it's a split. If the pot is bigger sure. I either fold the turn or call down to showdown. There is no calling turn folding river unless both players start going at it.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If we hit our straight I think it's a split. If the pot is bigger sure. I either fold the turn or call down to showdown. There is no calling turn folding river unless both players start going at it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think folding on the turn for 1 bb in this pot on this board with are cards is ridiculous.