Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 12-26-2005, 11:26 AM

Default Re: Live 10/20

So he has the AK flush, as well as aces and nines, and one of the kings, and he is actually considering tossing it to a single bet on the end from the guy with exposed fives. I simply do not believe it. Even without the nines im not tossing this hand. Bet the river, why check? The other player is not a worry, he is far behind you for sure, he has just flat called so he doesnt have a house, he is almost certainly way behind you. Your play just really confuses me.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he is actually considering tossing...

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is considering tossing anything? There is no way I am not calling this on the river.

There are two issues as I see it: (1) Do I raise fifth street and (2) Do I bet out on the river.

I am happy with the way I played it -- I saved a bet on the end with what might look like a weak play -- but I am not so sure I play it differently next time.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
very results oriented, you shouldn't be able to put your opponents on quads and a boat based on the boards/action of this hand. bet this river every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is resulted oriented? I certainly don't put them both on made hands -- its whether I put at least one of them on a better made hand.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
very results oriented, you shouldn't be able to put your opponents on quads and a boat based on the boards/action of this hand. bet this river every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is resulted oriented? I certainly don't put them both on made hands -- its whether I put at least one of them on a better made hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

you made a mistake by not betting this river, but you justify the mistake by the results of the hand (coming 3rd best).