Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-16-2005, 05:10 PM

Default Re: ($55) Awkward spot with JJ preflop

To introduce Option #4 to this, in a 109, I'm reraising to 300-350, with the plan to probably fold to a push behind me but probably call one from UTG unless I pick up a read between now and then.

Also, I put UTG on 'not much at all'.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:14 PM

Looks like a great thread I missed. I can't go through it all at work, but I just wanted to submit a possible line that I don't yet take, but am thinking about that this hand might suit.

In any situation where you are fairly deep, but think a push is a good play, what about just a really big pot committing reraise? In a hand like this, there's no harm in doing that if anyone has QQ+ vs a push. AQ is going to fold anyway. It might make some difference if someone holds JJ- or AK. Having someone call or push behind with 99 or TT would be nice, right? You might not be happy with what happens with AK, but there is a good chance AK was going to call the push anyway.

On the other hand, I like to think that middle PPs will think I'm the biggest fishy donk in the world when I push 2k chips and call.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hey why dont you just do the math for allin, it cant be that complicated. Put him on a range (calculate chances of people behind you having AA-QQ also), and figure it out [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Meanwhile Ill sit here and learn from your results.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did, although my ranges may have been too conservative. It's in one of my earlier posts in this thread. 88+, AQ+ raising, TT+, AK calling --> pushing yields a net loss of about 30 chips, not accounting for the 8% or so chance that someone behind has picked up QQ+.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:00 PM

I would make it 300 and shove any flop. This is KJ and crap like that more often than AA-QQ. I let him make a mistake pf here.