Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 08-23-2005, 06:48 PM

Default Re: TP with a Draw

[ QUOTE ]
btw, what seat are you in?? if in button/co then the preflop call is decent/acceptable. If you're in mp, then no. PLus its hard to figure out w/o stack sizes.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, I assumed you were on the button or CO. In MP I don't like the call preflop.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:04 PM

I'm in the CO and the stack sizes are posted. The only guys I left out were the BB and UTG. Assume around $100 for them.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:08 PM

it is easy for utg+1 to fold here if you come over top. the hands he calls with will be close to 50% equity versus your pair+flush draw heads up. the question is how good is your equity multiway with the shortstack for the main pot if your push gets called. i'd say that you have more than ample equity considering the hands that each of your opponents are holding. The only scenario in which you are a huge dog is when one of them holds a higher flush draw (A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]) and the other holds two pair or better. Even then you will only be a big dog for the main pot and will most likely coinflip for the side pot.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:00 PM

This is an interesting hand. I think folding is safer, but I'd probably push here. You probably either have the best hand or best draw. UTG+1 raise isn't how people typically play sets. He wants people out. Even if he does have a set, you have outs.

So push. If you don't push, fold.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is an interesting hand. I think folding is safer, but I'd probably push here. You probably either have the best hand or best draw. UTG+1 raise isn't how people typically play sets. He wants people out. Even if he does have a set, you have outs.

So push. If you don't push, fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't think pushing is the right play with this many people in the hand. I'll ask again because this sucker resurfaces. What about raising enough to put the villain in and folding to heavy action. I get about 30% of my stack in and still may have to fold. To overextended?
Old 08-24-2005, 05:40 PM

it is because there are so many people in the hand that you to push. versus the nutflush draw you have the best hand. versus other hands that call you usually have a good draw. there's a lot of dead money in there and getting it headsup versus the short stack isn't bad. if the other guy gets in the pot when you push your equity is still good over his range of hands for both he main and side pots unless one happens to hold two pair/set/over-pair and the other has AdKd type of drawing hand. the preflop raiser folds enough hands to get you heads up with the shortstack who you're more than likely on a coin flip against.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop, and it's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]
wtf get outta here.

however I think folding on the flop is fine here.. calling looks much worse than raising and raising commits you.. hm tough spot actaully.